What's new

new here

2rob0

hey folks i'm rob.

i dont have a S15 yet but might be looking to get one. always been a fan and be looking to blow some of my hard earned money on a nice silvia at some point.

i dont know much about them, if anything actually, but would love to get some advice on them.

:wave:

Reaction score
Country
although i'm some what of a newbie as well, welcome! i just bought my 1st s15 a few weeks ago and i'm love'n it! have you own any 's' series (ie. s12, s13, s14) before?

2rob0

no i've never owned a jap car before. very interested though! i've just joined the army and drive a 800bhp HET transportation unit truck.

i currently own a scooby slaying 1.25 fiesta... yea. but i want speeeeeeed.

Reaction score
Hi and WTTC :)

Be carefull going from a FWD fiesta to a RWD Beast lol it will bite! but it'll be fine if you take your time and get used to it first. Awsome car, deffinately making the right choice!

2rob0

thanks buddy. and dont worry i'm gonna start driving 800BHP trucks soon which are 6 wheel drive to the rear. plenty of practise haha.

i'm just worried about tax and running costs really. eek.

Reaction score
Running costs arent too bad TBH.

Are you importing one or buying one already in the country? Because if you get one that has been registered here before 2006 then the road tax will only be around £200 a year, but if you import one then it'll be £400

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
that 800bhp is needed for something that heavy!! 250bhp in something as light and twitchy as the silvia can catch you out very easily:nod:. welcome to the club, hope you find what you're looking for!!:thumbs:

2rob0

true dean lol. 2 challenger tanks on the hump make it as twitchy as a slug trying to drift.

i'm not sure if i'll import one or not. if i find one thats standard and in good condition here i'll buy it but i'l see how it goes. i just showed her a picture and the specs of one i'm looking at now to the misses.
a disapointing tut says it all :p looks like she's keeping her corsa mwahaha.

Reaction score
Being a newby,I would say if your buy an S15 keep it stock till you learn how to drive it. If you mod, do it gradually so you grow with the car as the power increases. I started 4.5 years ago with the stock 154 HP at the wheels now I have 270 ATW. :D

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Being a newby,I would say if your buy an S15 keep it stock till you learn how to drive it. If you mod, do it gradually so you grow with the car as the power increases. I started 4.5 years ago with the stock 154 HP at the wheels now I have 270 ATW. :D
Yeah, rub it in Phil.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
WTTC :wave:

My first car was a 1.3 fiesta, no idea how much power it was.

But I bridged the gap between that and the S15 with two and a half years in a FTO GPvR.

Not quite sure how you can compare a S15 to a truck, if I was a Silvia Id be a bit insulted by that :rotfl:

Good luck in your hunt.

Just remember to give these cars respect and you will be fine :cool:

Reaction score
Country
Hello & WTTC - The S15 is fine to drive even when modded, all you need is common sense & precaution over speed. I had mine modded to full Stage 1 within 5 months as i found the standard power lacking after a few months and wanted it mapped to UK fuel so thought i may as well get it stage 1 ready while im at it. I did do the full suspension and brakes first though so i wouldnt suggest going for plenty of power until thats all sorted (full proper wheel alignment is a must imo).

Anyway as for running costs they are pretty good in comparison to similar power jap vehicles (GTR's, Evo's etc). Parts are pretty cheap as most existing S14 parts can be used and once mapped you get very good MPG/power. The only downside as mentioned is the £400 tax that is most likely to occur.

2rob0

so if i import one its not spec'd to uk fuel and i'll have to re-programme the ecu? how much does that cost?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
no mate, you can run the car on super unleaded (nothing less though) but in order to extract the best performance from it once you start to modify you should have the ecu remapped to account for this fuel and the modifications fitted - once the map has been set, you must continue to use the same grade fuel to maintain performance and avoid detonation.

Reaction score
Country
You only 'need' a remap when running higher than the standard boost as you will no doubt experience detonation and premature end of your engine otherwise. The problem is that as you modify the car (exhaust, front pipe, filter etc) the boost tends to automatically creep. With a full exhaust system + filter mine creeped to 1.0 bar of boost at high revs.

Reaction score
Mine's creeping to 0.8-0.9 bar with just an exhaust and filter... I'm quite worried about it and havent got much money to sort it out at the mo, is the only way to get an EBC or HKS wastgate?

Cheers

2rob0

ah right so as long as i keep it standard running it on 99oct will be ok? thats alright then. might get it remapped anyways. dont know about the exhaust but def get it remapped for more power.