What's new

new here

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
nope, you cant just remap it for more power - you have to get modifications that compliment each other first or it really wont make much of a difference. first start with a free flowing exhaust turbo back and filter/induction kit. then uprate the fuel pump and fit a decent/colder set of spark plugs. then its time to upgrade the intercooler to a front mount item before you fit an electronic (or manual but thats not recommended in my book)boost controller along with an uprated boost gauge and get the car remapped. its only worth getting the car remapped after you are happy with the modifications you have fitted and the level of power it will provide as remaps arent cheap and are only set to the mods fitted when the mapping is carried out, but as has been said a few times now, its important to upgrade the chassis in line with the level of tune. (like im one to talk:rotfl:)

take a look in the stickys as im sure there is a tuning guide laying around somewhere that details when and what to do with your car if you are seeking a certain level of tune, im not being patronising but dont run before you can walk as you will more than likely come a cropper:)

Reaction score
Country
Mine's creeping to 0.8-0.9 bar with just an exhaust and filter... I'm quite worried about it and havent got much money to sort it out at the mo, is the only way to get an EBC or HKS wastgate?

Cheers
You will probably be ok as long as you keep out off the higher rev band when possible where the boost creep occurs, however id advise getting a Boost Controller as this will allow you to keep the boost under control and is something you will definitely want when going for more power later on anyway. It will also allow you to set the boost to come on quicker. Id reccomend a Greddy Profec B Spec II as these are excellent value for money imo.

Also make sure you stick to 99 octane fuel like Tescos SUL or Shell V-Power.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You will probably be ok as long as you keep out off the higher rev band when possible where the boost creep occurs, however id advise getting a Boost Controller as this will allow you to keep the boost under control and is something you will definitely want when going for more power later on anyway. It will also allow you to set the boost to come on quicker. Id reccomend a Greddy Profec B Spec II as these are excellent value for money imo.

Also make sure you stick to 99 octane fuel like Tescos SUL or Shell V-Power.

Ok cheers mate! My friend has the Gredy profec B Spec II EBC and loves it, I think it looks pretty good too so i think thats the one I'll be going for.

Thanks for the help

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hey robo, just found this guide which i have read through and though it may be a little out of date, it does explain pretty well an order in which to modify your car and what the modifications are likely to achieve power wise.

for the guide check here - http://www.torque.org.uk/index.html

have a read through in the tuning section and the handling/braking section. should give you an idea of what you need and when used with a bit of searching around you can check just how much the stuffs gonna cost you.:)

2rob0

aah i see there's alot to learn about this! there's more to just slapping on things willy nilly when modifying one of these things then :p

thanks fella's