What's new

Newbie in Japan

Reaction score
Country
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Thomas and just recently returned back to Kanagawa, Japan, for the 3rd time. I've never owned an S15, but hopefully that will change in the near future. I've always been a Silvia enthusiast, as I've owned an S12, S13, and S14 in the past, but never could quite afford an S15. Now that the market here in Japan is slowing down, I'm actively looking for that 'good' deal. If anyone here in Japan has a Spec R for sale, please let me know.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Hi & WTTC :wave:

I would have loved to be able to pick out an S15 in person from Japan.

Make sure you find a good one :thumbs:

Darren

K

kenny421

Welcome to the Site, i'm sure you'll find what
your looking for this time around!

Post up pics of cars and places you visit in your
search would make an interesting thread!

Reaction score
Country
finally found my silvia!

well i finally won a silvia at the USS Tokyo Auction yesterday. it definately needs some cleaning, but over all it was a great deal. for those of you who care, here are some info on the car and the cost of the auction:

1999 Spec-R
103,023 kms
auction grade: ext 3.5 / int C
some mild aftermarket parts ie. air filter, fmic, suspension, taillights
starting bid was at Y150,000

my winning bid was Y630,000
auction fee was Y8,000
recycing fee was Y11,270
delivery fee was Y20,000
tax Y32,900
total cost Y702,170

and now the pics

R

Rogz

Wow .. that is very cheap ...
Bought mine 7 times your price as in my country the Tax is ridiculously high ...
You are very lucky ...

Welcome to the club

D

david

With so many too choose from over there its a wonder u bought a plain one and not an aero or something. cheap car tho and welcome to the club.:wave:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
congrats on the car and welcome :wave:
My S15 and RX7 also originated from the USS tokyo auction :)
Both grade 4 Bs though, but I would be confident buying a grade 3.5 C if I had the chance to look at the car personally like you could.

Reaction score
Country
With so many too choose from over there its a wonder u bought a plain one and not an aero or something. cheap car tho and welcome to the club.:wave:
actually you would be suprised how few there actually are without a salvaged/repaired title. the day of the auction, they had 12 spec r's, only 3 of them had 'clean' unrepaired titles. then out of those 3, this is the one i ended up having a winning bid on.

D

david

Really! i taught they would be everywhere over there. at least u can buy all ur add on parts over there for a fraction of the price it costs us :nod:

Reaction score
I'm in Kanagawa also.
Unfortunately my S15 is heading off to Yokohama dock next week to start it's journey to the UK and I'll be following it 1 month later...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Really! i taught they would be everywhere over there. at least u can buy all ur add on parts over there for a fraction of the price it costs us :nod:
By checking the USS auction webpage time to time, I would say that about 70% of all S15 Spec-Rs are grade R nowadays sadly. They can still be good, but it's a bigger risk involved in my opinion.

Reaction score
Country
my s15 was finally delivered today, and i gotta say that it looked alot better in person than in the pics! also, after finally seeing it in person... it's not as 'original' as i thought it would be. there were alot of aftermarket parts on it that weren't listed during the auction. here are some pics after delivery & a quick wash...