What's new

Greetings Everyone

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Hi chaps,

Just a quick hello from hants in the UK. In the process of purchasing a rather nice pearl white Spec R Aero which I'll be picking up next weekend. Always liked the look of these beasts and after seeing this one I just had to make it mine :nod:

Will be the perfect base for the graphics I'm planning to put on it :)

It already has a few choice mods including full HKS system, Apexi filter with cold air box, Tein Flex coilovers and PIAA HID conversion. Plan to have it as a daily runner so unlikely to do many more power mods - I also have a Celica GT-Four RC which I've gone mad with so it'll be nice to have something reasonably standard :eek:

Cheers,
Mook

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hi and welcome nice choice...

but one i think i have a to ask u is to resize ur sig as its too big thanks

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Hiya, not sorted a sig as yet, they're just pics of my intended graphics. Top one on the passenger side, middle one on the driver side and the bottom one over the bootlid with the 'drips' running over the spoiler and down the tailgate. Intend to use glass etch, silver and smoked silver for the three shades of grey, then a matt black for the outlines finished off with reflective white and red! Will more than likely tweak them a bit but reckon it'll be quite eye catching :D

J

JDM JUNKIE

Welcome,

That's a nice example you're planning on buying!

I personally wouldn't cover it with vinly. But, hey if you are going to use that theme you should correct the katakana on the second one. Graphics should read as: グラフィックス
Make sure the fifth kana is small otherwise it's pronounced differently, and you need "ス" for the "s".

:rotfl: LOL at the last one! I'm assuming you wanted it to be sexual, right?

Edit: I just saw your English if you mean "no monkeys" it's real unclear and looks sexual like I said...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Hi all and thanks for the welcome, the wheels are indeed nice Jez :p

JDM Junkie > Thanks for the advice on the Katakana. I used Yahoo! Babel fish to get the translations but appreciate it wont be the most accurate. Will ensure I get the ッ the correct size and add the ス, I was hoping to be able to add another character or two as it's a bit stretched. Presume the two main charaters are correct for reading Skewer? Not sure about the boot graphic, it is intended to be the symbol for Monkey given my tagline no monkey business but if it's a little 'blue' then perhaps I should refer to my original logo on that one :eek:

I do love the aero kit too, a nice subtle one that adds that special touch, I particularly like the lip spoiler on the boot too. Always liked the look of deep skirts, big wheels and very smooth over the top, gives it a more supercar stance :nod:

J

JDM JUNKIE

Yeah the kanji on the first one is correct.
Yaki gushi = skewer
You can use this Kanji for monkey: 猿

Your original graphic looked like "Don't come early" but it was a little strange. I thought it was a joke because you used the drip graphic only for that one. :rotfl:
My Japanese isn't very great so I asked my girl and she told me the kanji you had isn't used in Japanese, it's Chinese.

Hi all and thanks for the welcome, the wheels are indeed nice Jez :p

JDM Junkie > Thanks for the advice on the Katakana. I used Yahoo! Babel fish to get the translations but appreciate it wont be the most accurate. Will ensure I get the ッ the correct size and add the ス, I was hoping to be able to add another character or two as it's a bit stretched. Presume the two main charaters are correct for reading Skewer? Not sure about the boot graphic, it is intended to be the symbol for Monkey given my tagline no monkey business but if it's a little 'blue' then perhaps I should refer to my original logo on that one :eek:

I do love the aero kit too, a nice subtle one that adds that special touch, I particularly like the lip spoiler on the boot too. Always liked the look of deep skirts, big wheels and very smooth over the top, gives it a more supercar stance :nod:

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Ah right, thanks again for the info, at least I shall be adorned with what I intended to have now :eek:

Picking it up this Sunday, only 5 sleeps :D

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Picked up the motor, well pleased with it. Was a nice liesurely drive home, very comfortable and easy to drive. I think I'm going to enjoy this... :)