What's new

Hello from Carbonetic

C

Carbonetic

Hi all,

Just like to introduce myself and Carbonetic UK. First of all I would just like to say thank you to the mods on here for letting me post about Carbonetic. (I will stick to the rules and hopefully provide support to the forum in the near future.
)

Carbonetic UK are the Sole UK distributor of Carbonetic products.

Anyway basically I am on here to provide knowledge and technical information on our range of Clutches and LSD's. I am not doing the big sale or telling you to buy this compared to other brands. I am just here for anyone who is thinking of buying a Carbonetic product, and I will help you with any questions you have. (Unfortunately Carbonetic do not sell direct to the public, only to our dealers, so I would not be advertising prices on here)

So a bit of history, In 2001 ATS &Across Japan successfully released a state-of-the-art line up of carbon clutches and LSDs to the automotive/race marketplace. In 2006 Across setup Carbonetic as their automotive side, still known as ATS and Across in Japan but the rest of the world we are known as Carbonetic.
Their range of products covers every aspect of use, anything from drag, race or fast road use. Carbonetic (ATS&Across) are regarded as the best in Japan for carbon products, you will find the products in numerous race cars and race series with podium finishes.

Along side their successful range of clutches and LSDs they now include, gear sets, final drives, brake kits, performance discs and brake pads in their line up for all popular performance Japanese cars and now covering more European cars.

Next year i will try to attend as many meets/shows as possible. And depending when i make my mind up I will have either a DC2 or DC5 as a demo car with the products fitted. And you will be more than welcome to test the car

Our S15 Demo car in Japan:

www.carbonetic.co.uk

Many thanks

Gavin

Last edited:
C

Carbonetic

More images of our products.

Carbonetic Twin plate clutch rated for 600-900 BHP

Carbonetic the worlds only carbon LSD – lighter, no noise, longer life, less service intervials

Gear Sets

Brake kits

Blade clutch, the OEM type carbon clutch disc which has the advantages of more expensive carbon clutches but is priced like performance metal clutch discs.
The clutch disc can be used an OEM type clutch cover of a higher clamping rate for further performance

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh its pretty hard trying to find the right clutch and stuff for the S15 over in the uk most have to order online....

but i do like that brake caliper tho looks very nice

C

Carbonetic

We actually keep a fair bit of S15 items in stock. There are single and twin plate clutches, brake pads and 1.5 way LSD's.:)

The brakes are awesome to say the least, we have them on our 350Z demo car.

Unfortunatley the brakes are not cheap :(

Anyway here are some pics for you of the 350 and the brakes

Cheers

Gavin

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Nice cars and nice products :)

Can you tell me about your single plate carbon clutch kit?
Intended use is drift drag circuit street - IE everything :)

I've read up on your products and your manual and you recommend warming it up via a i-cant-remember-now procedure, I do remember that it was a rather long procedure tho =/

C

Carbonetic

Hi Wing,

Thank you for the comments.

The single plate is only really designed for cars with mild performance upgrades, up to 400BHP with a 1600kg pressure plate. To be honest it would be ideal for fast road/track work but i would not use it for drifting or drag. You would be better off to go for a twin plate it would be a lot more ideal for use and be able to take a lot of punishment, the twins are rated between 600-900bhp and very easy to use, once bedded in you would not know you had a twin plate in your car. The 350z uses a twin, runs about 650 bhp and that has been in there for nearly two years! Also the drift car in Japan uses the same clutch!

The warm up procedure is for Burnouts/dry hop for when your drag racing. The procedure is not a lenghty process at all. Once you have done it you would be ready for launching the car down the strip all day, also you only do it when the clutch is cold. :)

Cheers

Gavin

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Hi Wing,

Thank you for the comments.

The single plate is only really designed for cars with mild performance upgrades, up to 400BHP with a 1600kg pressure plate. To be honest it would be ideal for fast road/track work but i would not use it for drifting or drag. You would be better off to go for a twin plate it would be a lot more ideal for use and be able to take a lot of punishment, the twins are rated between 600-900bhp and very easy to use, once bedded in you would not know you had a twin plate in your car. The 350z uses a twin, runs about 650 bhp and that has been in there for nearly two years! Also the drift car in Japan uses the same clutch!

The warm up procedure is for Burnouts/dry hop for when your drag racing. The procedure is not a lenghty process at all. Once you have done it you would be ready for launching the car down the strip all day, also you only do it when the clutch is cold. :)

Cheers

Gavin

My car doesn't put out much power, maybe 300hp? - it's only the standard turbo, however would like some headroom when I go slightly bigger with a turbo that's rated to 400hp. I would highly prefer to stick to a single plate if possible...
IIRC you have an option to carbon line your flywheels? Do you (still?) do that? What pros and cons is there to that?

C

Carbonetic

Well a Pro-Spec would certanley hold 400BHP without any problems.

A Pro-Spec single comes with CCM pressure plate as standard.(carbon coated metal ). The flywheel can been CCM coated as well, but that is at extra cost. I would need to check the prices for you though on that.

By the CCM coating increases the torque delivery by 25% to 45%

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Gavin

C

Carbonetic

Hello everyone.

As some of you may have heard, Carbonetic are bringing out a new Carbon clutch called the 'Blade'.

This clutch is a paddle style clutch and is aimed to take on the ‘stage 2 clutches’ from companies like RPS, Spec, ACT and Exedy etc.

The blade clutch is the only OEM replacement Carbon clutch on the market and be the cheapest to!

The Blade clutch is designed as an OEM replacement, so it will fit on to a standard flywheel or to the new Carbonetic lightweight flywheel.

When you purchase the clutch, the kit will contain a cover plate, clutch disc and new release bearing with added option of a lightweight flywheel.

The power rating is going to be around 400 + bhp with a comparative torque figure. I am still waiting for an official figure but the power out put they can take is looking very good. Not only that the clutch is like driving an OEM clutch unlike sintered this very easy to modulate, you would not know that you are driving the car with an up rated carbon clutch. Along with this the clutch will bed-in within 100km where you can use it to its full potential.

Benefits of the Carbon blade clutch:

1. Quick Shifting!

The specific gravity of the Carbon is 1/3 of iron. By attaching our special carbon material on the outer edges of the clutch disc, an ultra low inertia is released which cannot be accomplished by conventional metal sintered and OEM clutches, The low inertia makes quick shifting very easy and at the same time it minimizes the damages to the scynrco gears.

2. Excellent Friction characteristics

A standard clutch disc usually fades at high temperature and the torque capacity declines substantially. However, the carbon disc has much higher resistance to fade and maintains normal operation. When the carbon is cooled down, the friction coefficient is relatively low and consequently it provides softer and judder less engagement. When it is warmed up, with an increase of friction coefficient, the clutch transfers a much higher torque value. This is a high performance clutch which is very easy to use for daily driving.

3. Damper Spring
The new carbon clutch has spring centre dampers in order to achieve an easy operation and to reduce the impact to the transmission at the engagement.
4. Stable Clutch Operation
The conventional metal clutches susceptible to the engagement point changes depending on the degree of thermal expansion. The carbon disc has extremely low thermal coefficient of expansion (1/10 of he iron) and the clutch operation is not affected by the heat.

Available clutches from March
The clutch will come in two forms, a 3 puck design which is for the NA and smaller turbo charged cars, like the Honda Integra, Civic, Toyota Celica, Starlet etc.
The other is 4 puck design this will be for turbo charge cars. For example Evo/Impreza, Skyline GTS’s, etc.
The following will be available:
Mitsubishi Evo 4-10
Subaru Impreza GC8 and GDB
Honda Integra Type R DC2/DC5
Honda Civic Type R EP3/EK9/FN2
Honda S2000
Shortly followed by:
Nissan Skyline GTS 32/33/34 S13/14/15
Toyota MR2 Turbo, Celica GT4, Starlet/Glaza turbo
Audi/VW TDI 1.8T 2.0T engines
Ford Focus New RS/ST
BMW M3
Porsche 911 RS

As for the pricing this is TBA, you can rest assured that they are going to be priced very competitively against the competition.

The clutch will be available as of March

Any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Gavin

Reaction score
Hi Gavin,

Wrong forum but any plans to make gearsets for AE86?
Standard ratios are pants but Quaife kits are expensive and TRD or other sets in Japan are rare in UK and difficult to get hold of.

C

Carbonetic

hi,

Most likely mid summer we are going to see production of gearsets for the 86.

Cheers

Gavin

C

Carbonetic

We do Project Mu/Carbonetic brake kits. But at the moment they are a lot of money due to the exchange rates. Saying that they are a lot even before this whole 'credit crunch'

We also supply Rotors and pads.

Cheers

Gavin

C

Carbonetic

Hi Guys,

Well you will be happy to know our new Carbon blade paddle clutch is finally ready for the S13/S14 and more importantly the S15.

Our kit comes with the cover, bearing and blade clutch.

We are now in the stage of developing our new kit called the Pro Blade clutch which can take over 500 and possibly up to 800 oh and its a single plate clutch ;)

Rated at well over 400BHP the clutch has had awesome reviews, everyone cannot believe they have a clutch that feels almost OEM but can take so much power. When some user jump into a car equipped with the clutch they dont even know its a Carbon clutch :)

If you want further info on it email me.

Oh here is a couple of pics from the Pro Drift finals :)

Reaction score
Im looking for a price for a single plate carbon clutch/flywheel kit for the S15 ASAP as I think the bearing is rattling. Does the kit come with release/thrust bearing? Also just out of interest what price is the twin plate kit??

S

s15gt

Hi can you please recommend me a clutch for the 6sp Specr S15.
i was originally chasing down an exedy carbon D twin but they no longer make it.

Id like a full carbon ideally single plate rated to about 260rwks 500nm of torque.
Iv noticed your full carbon clutches dont have a dampened center and the ATS&ACROSS site mentioning the torque transfer of carbon is so smooth its not needed? can you explain this to me as the 6sp in the s15 is a very fragile gearbox.

car is used as a daily on the street with drift, hillclimbs and time attack in mind.

Located in aus can i buy directly from you?

Regards,
Rob