What's new

Hello From The North Of Ireland

N

Neill

Hello Lads:wave:

Some of you may know me from SXOC, only just registered as im on the look out for a S15 spec R. I've got the bug big time:)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome buddy.:wave:..i guess u being a rep in over sxoc u must know a bit about the 200sx and the S15 by now .....

mines up for sale but duno if u would like to buy one from over here.....

N

Neill

Was looking at one from the south for cheap money but the sva and tax to reg it to the uk was too much. PM me your bottom line on this, bear in mind il have to travel to pick it up. Would you take a part exchange on my mint 94 S14?

Many Thanks:thumbs:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
iam only wanting cash as iam moving away so money talks only...

oh and do beware of cheap ones it does mean oh bargin it means oh dodgy.....there are many cheap s15 about now adays and for one reason ppl have been bringing in thos R grade s15 for cheap and selling them on you really get what u pay for when it comes down to these....

pm'ed you

N

Neill

Cheers for the input mate, id have to sell mine privately then, its advertised at the min but if i sell it il let u know, could be well intrested.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh a lot of the R grade crap is normally crash repaired and not to the best standard......thats why u will see them very very cheap and a lot of ppl think they are a bargin but they are not u will find that u will have to put a lot more money into it to get it back up to standard....

a lot of ppl atm are thinking S15 can be picked up cheap they are wrong the price of S15 is determind not by uk market but the market over sea...EG JAPAN....

its how much they cost over there and then u can add on that great thing called shipping cost and then they thing the gov love most is that nice TAX... for bringing it in and then you Esva testing and mot then taxing which doesnt come out cheap....rough price of S15 in japan is about 4-6k thats just guessing not 100% sure now.... u think about shipping and then tax...etc

doesnt sound as cheap as you would think when it comes to the on the road price right??

N

Neill

This car was very clean (49000 miles) and the trader TBH didnt know what he had. It was the other costs with ESVA and import tax which pushed it out of my price range.

What Car tax band does your S15 fall into with it being a year 2000 model?

Reaction score
looking to buy s15 spec R, wise choice. the boys r rite lot to consider when thinking of shipping.
I spent 4-5 months looking into one before i bought. Big worry of mine when shipping form Japan is that on the boat over, parts do get stripped and replace with spurious parts as the guys working on the boats know in advance what will be coming and have spares to hand and will swap out parts has happened to few guys i know,

England is a good spot to buy (epically as u live in the north u wont be hit with as a high tax) most have a very good serious history and well looked after, i dont know what the tax is on bring into the north. i know its less then south. 5600euro tax if ya land in dublin harbor and try for a southern pate. there is a spot 20miles form dover harbor in england tends to have some very clean ones from time to time cant just remember the name of the top of my head but when i do ill post the link for ya. YA can buy and drive to dover and ferry it back to belfast.
carzone.ie not a bad sight either alot of over priced ones on it though. i found that ringing up garages and offering cash they were willing to drop price even up to thousands with the way the country is people r finding it hard to sell (its a buyers market not a sellers ) and i did remind them of that and was able to get a nice bit off.
i have a good few sighs saved on my pc somewhere, of people selling s15 when i find ill post.
best of luck with it though.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
From now on in you will be very lucky to avoid the £400 tax in the UK (not sure if its the same where you are?), soon to be £435 tax by 2010.

Unfortunately Im in this tax band, but this is the correct band I am meant to be in and those paying less are lucky.

Technically they could get a nasty shock at tax renewal time :eek:

Not that Im bitter about it of course :furious::p

Last edited: