Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked
    Yeah i've been having a little perv , had a couple of offers for a 2JZ to be dropped into my IS for under £2k but it's a lot of work and I can't help but be drawn to the s15 , will have to see in the new year me thinks

Matt_S Guest
    A 2J dropped in for £2k?

Fcuk thats cheap!

Get it done and gimme a call!

Liked
    Yeah i know, extremely tempting Matt with a couple of uprated parts would be running close to 400 I have a friend that can pick up a aristo engine which used the 2J for not a lot. Like I say though something about the S15's will have a meet up with sushiming and take a closer look at the S15

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Harris View Post
    ahh excellent, I might have a word. What sort of costs etc are involved with buying through a site such as pro-drift in regards to import costs/registration etc etc? Just trying to get a idea on how much I may be paying on top of the advertised car price. Or if it's better to find one that's already over here that someone is selling

EDIT ** - apologies for all the noobish questions
    Prices depends on the price of the car in auction and the exchange rate etc. VAT, shipping, registration and ESVA can be pretty much guranteed what price you pay.

So to import a grade 4+ 40-60K mile car your looking at £10-12K. Of course if you buy 1 in the country (like the silver one Charlie has) you know the price and theres no waiting

Liked
    Hmm thanks for all the info guys, i'm extremely tempted at the minute. However logic prevails in that I should probably get rid of the Lex next summer when I have a years no claims under my belt and i'l be another year uglier (so to drop my insurance further) this also gives me some time to put some money aside to help with the difference in costs.