What's new

Hey all :)

Reaction score
haha i'm surprised about how many people are selling their prides and joy, it's the same on Lexus OC. Must be the credit crunch hitting home, Matt_S has offered me his also but I don't think i'l be able to come up to what he wants. Also not in a great position to buy atm due to needing to sell my car first and get some quotes on insurance etc to see how it comes out.
I would love to have a look around one and be taken out in it if anyone is local to the milton keynes/northampton/oxford/ayelsbury area :)

Reaction score
Country
awesome really appreciate the advice guys, I'm so tempted to chop the Lex in for a S15, found a couple of stunning examples for the 80-10k mark, there's one in particular with a carbon lower lip that I can't seem to find anywhere think it's one of pro-drift's cars.
Charlie @ http://www.prodriftuk.com/ imported mine for me and i thoroughly reccomend him :thumbs:. Worth giving him a bell and going for a look ? I think the car may even have some extra goodies :cool:

Reaction score
Country
Also i believe that carbon lip on the silver one Charlie has runs right under the front of the car like a complete undertray...very :cool:

Reaction score
ahh excellent, I might have a word. What sort of costs etc are involved with buying through a site such as pro-drift in regards to import costs/registration etc etc? Just trying to get a idea on how much I may be paying on top of the advertised car price. Or if it's better to find one that's already over here that someone is selling :)

EDIT ** - apologies for all the noobish questions :p

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
welcome matey:D

you have good taste - and i doubt you'll look back at the lexus:nod:

Reaction score
hmm I doubt it also, it's just a case of waying up costs and options at the minute :) had a tempting offer for modding my IS to 400bhp for under £2k ;)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well iam in the milton keynes so u could pop round i might be able to sort some kinda deal out....
as iam needing it gone...

Reaction score
Ooooooh, well drop me a pm and I'd love to pop round and have a little look see :) and if poss you can take me out in it ;)

M

Matt_S

Mines £500 fully comp + NCB with everything decalred woth A-Plan ;)

Matt - assume its your lack of driving skills that makes yours more expensive considering your like grandad years old ?
Jez. Do you still want those drifting lessons pal? :p

Im a bit confused as to the expense tbh. Maybe its cos its FAST! You dont have that trouble so no need to worry! ;) :p

Reaction score
Yeah i've been having a little perv :p, had a couple of offers for a 2JZ to be dropped into my IS for under £2k but it's a lot of work and I can't help but be drawn to the s15 :), will have to see in the new year me thinks :p

Reaction score
Yeah i know, extremely tempting Matt with a couple of uprated parts would be running close to 400 ;) I have a friend that can pick up a aristo engine which used the 2J for not a lot. Like I say though something about the S15's :) will have a meet up with sushiming and take a closer look at the S15

Reaction score
Country
ahh excellent, I might have a word. What sort of costs etc are involved with buying through a site such as pro-drift in regards to import costs/registration etc etc? Just trying to get a idea on how much I may be paying on top of the advertised car price. Or if it's better to find one that's already over here that someone is selling :)

EDIT ** - apologies for all the noobish questions :p
Prices depends on the price of the car in auction and the exchange rate etc. VAT, shipping, registration and ESVA can be pretty much guranteed what price you pay.

So to import a grade 4+ 40-60K mile car your looking at £10-12K. Of course if you buy 1 in the country (like the silver one Charlie has) you know the price and theres no waiting :)

Reaction score
Hmm thanks for all the info guys, i'm extremely tempted at the minute. However logic prevails in that I should probably get rid of the Lex next summer when I have a years no claims under my belt and i'l be another year uglier :p (so to drop my insurance further) this also gives me some time to put some money aside to help with the difference in costs. :)