What's new

Now then mates

S

StarletRick

alright lads,

just thought id start up a thread to say hello.

i thought id move along in the car world and get something a bit bigger/comfy than my starlet, and ive always had a serious woody over the S15 so i thought "why not".

im now the owner of a Spec R Aero in fairly stock trim (usual exhust/filter/wheels jobbie).

hope youll all welcome me aboard and get ready for some dumb ass questions. ive never fentured into the nissan side of things so im about as noob as it can get.

Rick

Reaction score
kinda ironic name i guess..... but hey.

the "nissan side of things" is a little like the other side of things.... 4 wheels, engine and body work.... all the principles are the same! :D hehe

Enjoy, and be careful in the wet!!!!

S

StarletRick

^^

what i meant was my way around the s15, i dont know where anything is atm, im a nub. although im pretty savvy with engines and the likes so im sure ill pick it up pretty quick.

im actually surprised how well it handles as stock. not really used to that with toyotas ^^

ill get a few pics up tomo for you all to splunge over, then its time to sort out some nigglin problems ive got (annoying rattle, bulbs in dash, speedo playing up, etc)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Hey & WTTC :wave:

I got my S15 in March and knew nothing about them, nor did I understand turbo systems all that well comming from a Mitsubishi FTO.

You will soon pick it all up, there is loads of very good technical information already on this forum so just have a read of what is already here to start is my best advise.

Good luck :thumbs:

Darren

S

StarletRick

cool cool, the engine is te one thing im ok with on the cars ^^ ive worked on a pretty beefy s14 before so know my way round an SR pretty well. its all the little things like how to take bits off inside the car, etc.

the rear subby is going to be fun. its space age compared to a starlet! they have what i can only describe as a metal pole with wheels bolted to the end. not too dissimilar than a hot wheels car, lol.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Welcome to the club lad. Hope the S15 is treating you well! I'm only after getting one myself and the transition from FWD to RWD is a big 'un but always puts a smile on your face!!!

S

StarletRick

thanks for the welcomes.

im based in the greatest county of them all....

Essex ^^

S

StarletRick

ah, you are the jez from essex.

got your car off Charlie yeah? top bloke he is.

Reaction score
welcome rick, youll love the s15! Ive had 9 glanzas im my motoring time, while i still love them the s15 is now my first love :D. Get some pics up of the new motor man!

S

StarletRick

blimey its a small world, how you been mate?

ill miss the glanza lots. 300+ hp in them is so, so much fun. but i couldnt say no to the 15. its delicious.

its nowhere near as fast as the V, but it makes up for it in comfy hugs ^^

Reaction score
Country
ah, you are the jez from essex.

got your car off Charlie yeah? top bloke he is.
Yep i did, thoroughly reccomend him to people and a really nice guy too. Did you get the white one he had, think it had Enkei wheels ?

Anyway im in Chelmsford, not sure if thats close to you ?

M

Matt_S

Weird, I knew a lad called Rick who was into his Starlet, but Im guessing thats not you as he moved on to S13s a while back! :D

Welcome.

Im in Essex too, as well as Jez and Darren.

Im more familiar with the suspension than the engine internals, since Ive replaced ALL the bushes on my S13 and S14, aswell as broken a few cars for spares.
So susp is no issue now :wack:

Let me know if you need help :thumbs: