What's new

Irish S15 owner

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Hello all,

My name is Colin and I'm living in Ireland. I've recently bought myself (about 12 weeks ago) a JDM Spec S S15. It has a full Trial bodykit, which may not be to everyones taste, and it has 17" Nismo alloys, HKS Coilovers & Mushroom filter, an Apexi radiator and what appears to be an Apexi Cat-back exhaust.

I always wanted an S15 and was planning on importing my own Spec R later this year but when circumstances forced me into buying a new car I had to buy a spec S. I'm still in two minds as to whether I'll improve the perfomance of my n/a SR20 or just upgrade to the R but I suppose time will soon tell.

I had initially planned on removing the front bumper, tail lights and rear wiper but when I saw the car in the flesh I changed my mind about the bumper. Heres a quick pic of the car but I'll throw a couple of more up in the other section of the forum... I've since come to the realisation that the headlights need to be replaced too but you'll see that in the pic.

Colin

Reaction score
nice car man, and welcome to the boards. The kit wouldnt be to my taste but each to their own, its certainly different. I see the lights have gone misty in the pic but you can clean them up with metal polish and a buffer if you search on here youll get the info ;)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Hello and WTTC :wave:

I dont think the body kit looks too bad, not sure about the two holes above the number plate though.

Reckon Id change it eventually myself too though.

Wheels are :cool:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks for the warm welcome lads.

Yeah Slammed I've seen the sticky thread on the headlights but the corrosion is pretty bad on the inside of the lights directly infront of the beam & I was gonna get a HID conversion so I figured it'd be better just to get a new set...

Thanks Darren, I had thought of glazing the two holes in the middle with fog lights behind (similar to the fogs on the RX-7) & then tint the glass but its probably too high and central in the bumper to work so I may just have them smoothed over but we'll see. The bumper has really grown on me & if I started messin around with it I'd probably ruin it...

Is there anybody one on here with a tuned n/a S15? I was wondering what sort of power gains were realisticly achievable keeping it as a n/a daily driver? It won't be cheap to upgrade to a spec R but it'll probably be better in the long run...

Reaction score
I usually don't like the kit but for some reason I like it. Maybe becaise it's pewter. Another to add to the growing community. Top car bro, take some more pics.

Z

zimmi

nice car :thumbs:
imo if you are thinking of upgrading to a spec R then i would save the cash instead of spending on engine mods but some things you can put on your car then just take them off again and replace with the original when its time to upgrade that way you dont lose money on the mods.

D

daniel83

Welcome! :wave:

Nice car you have and nice spec as well. I did a search on cardomain.com.
Very Nice!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks Trini, I'll post loads of pics up in the members cars section when I get home this evening.

Zimmi, I dunno yet whether I'll try to get more power from my spec S or save myself the hassle & just replace it with an R but tuning it & then taking all the parts with me when I sell is another way of doing it...

Cheers daniel, she's on cardomain alright as Eire_N16 from when I had an Almera, which came to an unfortunate end, as you can see I'm not the most original when it comes to user names!

subzero

Reaction score
niiiice another Eire member :D

kit looks well and is differnt too . looks like a skyline bumper from the front tho.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Welcome to the club mate :D

Always loved the Trial kits - does it have the rear bumper with a big diffuser integrated as part of the kit?

And those wheels are stunning!!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Cheers lad, you can see more pics of it here ( http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=3545 ) but theres no diffuser. There's actually no decent pic of the back end in that thread so here you go:

The underside of the bumper goes the whole way forward to meet the underside of the rear wheel arch. Somebody had mentioned that a bespoke carbon diffuser would look the business, which it probably would, but it would definately cost an arm and a leg so I'll probably leave it...
As for the wheels, thanks. They probably make the whole look of the car work, they look great and are one of the first things people mention when they're asking me about it...