What's new

Yeah yeah.. another new one

Reaction score
Country
The BIMTA check is really to confirm that the importer hasnt falsified the mileage and is worth doing imo before buying.

P

Pazz

I just wouldnt know how one company (which appears to have an employee base of 2 people) could keep up with all the imported JDM cars coming into the country and "check" the mileage. I just dont think it can be done.

Especially when you consider some of the dojy goings on at auctions like the swapping of wheels etc. Never mind if the car was bought from a dealer in japan.

Only way to help check the mileage would be:

Check in car stickers
Check Auction sheet
Check through JDM service history

I would of thought even an original pen written auction sheet could be copied and re-writen by a japanese speaking/writing person.

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Unfortunately, the BIMTA check can take up to 48 hours for a mileage check, 7 days for a full check.
I've done a HPI check, and although it only checks the car since it came in to the UK, that came through all clear.
I'll have to try and assess the mileage myself with the documentation available. With the auction sheet, and hopefully some kind of receipt for the conversion work I should get a good idea.

Russ

P

Pazz

Russ! I see you are in Hull! I drive their every now and again to meet clients. Guessing you have not seem me about?

I have added you on msn.

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Nope, not seen you about at all... never even seen an S15 in the Hull area.
Will have to meet up for a coffee sometime and you can bestow all your S15 knowledge on me :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'd watch out for those vork ravs wheels if i were you, i always said those copies were twice as heavy as the real thing, but according to banzai this month theres a lot more to worry about than that. in a feature on counterfeit goods they have a set of those very wheels (not white though) that the spokes have all snapped off of......

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Well... I have bought the car. It's not a minter by any means, but for the price, not a bad one.
Interior is pretty much spotless, with minimal scratching on the surrounds.
A few dings and scratches on the outside that need sorting.
Contrary to the advert, there was no turbo timer or HIDs installed. The guy actually thought the had Rays wheels too :no:

Anyway, I managed to get him down by £600. Not a huge amount, but with the prices of these cars at the moment, I don't think I could get a much better Spec-R for the price.

After I'd bought it, I spotted a prob with the Speedo. It's completely innacurate after 80. Accelerating up, the speedo will pause at 80, then jump to 90ish and pause again, then jump to over 100. The pauses also occur when slowing down too. I'm guessing some issue with the conversion/de-limiting. Any ideas guys?

Thanks for the warning on the wheels Dean. I'm not a huge fan of the wheels anyway, so they will probably come off as soon as I can afford something nice.

Russ

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the very best of luck with it mate, if its anything like mine you will find little things that you didn't notice on the first viewing, but like you i found nothing major.

one thing that may be useful (it was to me) is to pop it to a bodyshop that you know - as my local one id'd a couple of repairs on mine but remarked how good they were, so they may be hard to spot to untrained eyes.

anyway like you said, prices are very strong and for the car i got i guess i paid the right money. if YOU are happy in handing over a price for a car then what does it matter:)