What's new

Howdy!

C

chop sticks

Hi, nice to meet you guys. I probably know some of you guys from nissansilvia.com already. I've had a bit of cars but it took a while to realise that the S15 is my kind of car hahhaahaha. Heres what i went through to find the right car

First car - pretty slow and ricey

so i moved onto this, had it for a year and spent a bit of money on it. pity it was automatic. i eventually sold it and moved onto a wrx

this car was great fun, but got too many fines for power to weight ratio

so i moved onto a bit of luxury. i always wanted this car but found that it had sh*t all power

so then i figured ill try a jap spec s15 but manual this time

got over the power thing then went to a bit of bling. 19' work eurolines finished it off nice

then summer came around so i thought id try a convertable. This was fun till i realised how expensive parts were!

So now i eventually ended up with this. A black Australian delivered Spec S S15. 75,000kms with a few mods.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thats some list of cars :eek: , How old are you??

i'm 24 and only owned two cars, the S15 being one of them.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome :wave:

Please don't tell me you own all those at the moment... :eek: If I could afford all those, I'd spend a fortune in hiring half the local car park to store them...

C

chop sticks

Thanks fellas. Yeah the S15 is good both in and out. I probably won't find a better car than it. I'm 20 turning 21 this satuday :D. Ohh and no i don't own all these cars at the moment. It's what cars i have owned. It's been fun trying out all sorts of cars from FWD, RWD to AWD or sports to luxury.

S

s15 ste

:wave:

Atleast you have settled for the best on the list! (besides the other S15 of course :D )

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome :thumbs:

Nice choice of color on your latest car ;)
Quite an impressive car history you've got there. I only got my VW and the S15

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
welcome :wave:

nice list of cars you got there........like the s15 pewter with white wheels..looks good :cool:
i had never thought of that combi.

nicely if you owned all those cars in the uk you'd get held up at gun point :eek:

D

Derek

Welcome mate. Some list of cars and Your only 20 omg. The cars are dream cars in Ireland. Most people won't drive a few of them not mind all of them. Are cars way cheaper in Austrialia/New Zealand? I'm breaking my back to get money for s15 -Literally :cry:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
S15R said:
cars in au is pretty exp tho..
:rotfl: Don't talk to us UK guys and gals about how expensive Oz is. When you pay $2.19 for a litre of Optimax, $412 a year on road tax, $1400 on insurance (cheap), and something like 20% import tax PLUS 17.5% VAT on that for an imported car (in addition to the ESVA test to ensure that it meets EU standards), you can then whinge... :p

Amd we're cheap compared to Sweden... :eek:

S

S15R

in Oz

to import a JDM S15
25% import tax then $4500+/- for compliance, 3~5%(depends what state you in) tax on purchase value to on road, then on road rego fee about $700(including blue slip) for me
then insurance .... dont talk about it...

i was gonna bring my 2002 S15(JDM) from NZ, it was going to cost me $12000+ just bringing it in then compliance blah blah blah....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
So, how much do they 'cost on the road' (not including road tax, insurance) for a 1999/2000 Spec R in Oz? The good ones cost about ?13-14k ($AU30.6k-33k) here.

S

S15R

a friend of mine just imported a 2000 JDM S15 with 23000kms on the clock, around 30k without on road cost

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
14k miles. Low mileage. That would carry an additional premium of about ?1-2k, so $AU35k-37.5k.

Take a look at this one. Overpriced, but you get the idea... Yes, that's $AU54k...