What's new

Bought my S15 today

Reaction score
Official changed ownership to me at 9:20 this morning in Atsugi, Kanagawa, Japan.

Spec:
2001 model
51550km
L-package - rare version with leather seats and doors plus a few other bits
Projector lamps
Currently 100% as it left the factory although I've already got a dealer fit NISMO suspension kit to fit.

Currently it is parked up while I sort out some insurance, it is much more expensive in Japan than in the UK - first quote was ?1850 fully comp!

I'm working in Japan for a Nissan subsiduary. Last time out in Japan I bought a Toyota AE86 so this will be my first taste of Turbo power. This is also my 2nd Nissan car, the previous one being my first car - a Micra 3dr 1.0!

Already found this forum very useful, thanks to everyone that has contributed.

Looking forward to reading and writing to/from everyone in the future!

Reaction score
Country
Hello :wave:

High insurance maybe but think of all the savings you make on the mods :D.

Are you from the UK then and working in Japan ? Do you still see many S15's on the road ?

Oh...and post pics when you can ;)

Reaction score
I am from the UK. This is my second long term stint working in Japan.
Working for Nissan half the car park is made up of Skylines and Silvias (the other half being March [aka Micra], Note, X-Trail and Elgrand [MPV]).

Tuning parts may be cheaper but the exchange rate has recently nose dived from 250 in November to 198 at the begining of this week, therefore the car has cost 20% more than I originally planned for. Of course the same goes for milk, bread, beer etc. Also I'm planning to use my S15 as a road car and turn my AE86 into a track car.

Once I've got the car fully insured and I can drive it places I will take some pictures.

Thanks for the warm welcome:)

Reaction score
Country
Tell me about it, when i brought my S15 the prices had dropped from 230+ to under 210 within a week, costing a few hundred more ! Also when importing you get charged VAT on the current exchange rate when the boat docks meaning even more money.