What's new

S15 at SVA imports.

P

Pazz

For starters they are quoting it to be a 2001 model. So that should be ringing bells as there is no model report for S15's older than 12/2000. Therefore they cannot be ESVA'd.

It's not a OEM Nissan Aero bodykit, its all aftermarket stuff.

I'd start asking some serious questions if your thinking of buying it. Like.... Whether an auction sheet is supplied (or if it was a dealer purchase), how long its been in the country for etc etc

Take a look at this http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=2327

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
beat me too it,

i wouldnt touch it to be honest mate.. not at that price mate, go with a reliable source.. i recomend torque (only cause thats where mine came from - and they are **** hot!)

A

AgtX

I was going to buy a car off torque last year, was on the verge of going down to get the car, told them i was coming the next day and to check they still had it, but they sold it to someone else anyway.

Ideally id rather find a car more local to me, but cant really find much.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Don't know how far you are from Torque GT but I recommend them too!!

I've always taken the belief that if you want something bad then you gotta go look for it lol...

My girlfriend, now wife was local tho :rotfl:

Back to topic, I did two 400 mile round trips within a week to Torque GT (once to view and test drive - second time to collect the car). Everyone thought I was mad but it's turned out a great purchase from very sound import dealers.

Because even today, the S15's are still pretty rare, so you'll prob have to go a bit out of your way to make sure you get a mint vehicle. Mike and Tristan know what they are talking about AND their ads reflect this knowledge. The most important thing is that their prices are always very reasonable as well.

If I felt sorry for myself doing long trips just to buy a car think about all those from Ireland or Scotland hehe :)

A

AgtX

Its about 250 miles each way. If i did use someone down there id want a single trip, cant be doing with going back. Nobody know of any good places in the midlands?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you want an S15 which is is already in the country, you're going to have to accept the inconvenience of travelling however far to see them. Unfortunately, dealer/importers are under no obligation to hold a car for you without a deposit.

As said, I wouldn't touch SVA with a barge pole.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Its about 250 miles each way. If i did use someone down there id want a single trip, cant be doing with going back. Nobody know of any good places in the midlands?
The only import dealer I know of in the Midlands is one which is based off Junc 8 - M6 near Ikea etc. Soz but can't remember the name and don't know if they are still there tho??

They never had S15's to my knowledge - always had loads of FTO's and DC5's...

And there's another thing - you would want your dealer to know a fair bit about the car. The more they don't know, the more likely they'll get something wrong or put a premium on it cos Dave from the pub reckons it's worth this much?! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
i got mine from Charlie at ProdriftUK.

he'd just got mine back from SVA the day i rang about it, went down that sunday (bloody horrible hot sticky muggy day, 4 up in a yaris and no air con for the lovely 400+mile round trip! LOL but so worth it).

Took the car for a spin, fell in love, paid a deposit, he then delivered the car for free a couple weekends later whilst i sorted the rest of the cash and he got it registered. :)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
wow you guys got off easy with your journeys for the 15's.. i was IIRC 630miles... EACH WAY!!!

And i went with my two parents, so you can imagine how the drive back up was with my mum in the back (no room in the back of a 15 lol!!!)

P

Pazz

Why is there a limit on the age of the cars?
Because the DfT (Department for Transport) requires that an imported vehicle is to show compliance to the UK ESVA standard (Enhanced Single Vehicle Approval). This applies to any vehicle produced less than or equal to 10 years ago. A test centre must pass a car through the ESVA for it to be allowed on UK roads.

If its older than ten years it doesnt require an ESVA/SVA test.

To complete an ESVA the vehicle must have a model report. A model report is rented by the test centre to pass the car. The model report for the Nissan Silvia Spec R Manual is only available for pre 2001 models. Go HERE to see how to rent a report for an S15 and find a test centre.

Note that most importers will do this for you before buying the vehicle.

A

AgtX

Who is good at sourcing cars?
How much does a cat1 alarm cost?
How long does it take the car to get to you from once youve said yes to a car thats in japan?
Does it work out any cheaper to have one sourced than buying one from a dealers stock?

Anyone know of anybody selling a good S15?

Cheers

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
1) We all are :), there are various recomended importers in the importers section, have a look there 1st.
2) Depends on the model you buy.
3) Car takes around 6weeks on a boat, the rest of the time will be used getting it through ESVA etc, depending on the mods on the car, this could take a while finding parts etc.
4) If you can source one yourself, that would be the cheapest option, but some dealers may know better what to look for, however, some do not.

Have a look in the for sale section, there were a few for sale last time i looked. They were all in the UK, not sure where you are based?

A

AgtX

Ok check out the S15 at JM imports, im interested, what do you think?
http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cars_forsale_greys15n.htm
IKEYA formula front lower arm
IKEYA Formula rear upper arm
What are those?

Whats the deal with the manifold?

Where is JM imports? It doesnt seem to say.

Due to past luck, i might get a deposit right on it if it if you lot think its a good one, i keep missing out. This place was one of the recommended importers i read on here.

Last edited:
P

Pazz

Sounds like to me its been drifted (diff + rear bracing). But depends if thats a problem for you.

Manifold is just another mod to improve exhuast gas flow.

JM Imports is in Newcastle.

I would just strongly suggest going to see the car, however don't think it gets into the country till January. But its been up on that website for couple of months now. Ring him up and ask when its free to view.

Because the description isnt exactly helpful and 9/10 you find more modifications than the dealer states. The car looks like its been bought from a dealer in Japan, so ask for the receipt.

But thats just my 5p worth...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Will the car have a export report with it? Like you get from the auctions, stating condition etc? If yes, then you need to see that.

Also run the chassis number through FAST, if you dont have it, one of the mods will do it for you. But you will need to see the car 1st before you can get that, i imagine.

A

AgtX

So more than likely its got a damaged engine. Im running out of options, Torque has sold the 2 cars it had and have no more coming over at the moment.
Even if i went to see the car at JM imports, i doubt i could really tell if it was in bad shape. Are there people you can pay to go look for you?