What's new

S15 at SVA imports.

P

Pazz

:D
I take cash/paypal? lol

On a serious note, why are you in a rush to get an S15? You have been a member of this forum for about a week and seem to be in a hurry. These things take time. I was looking for atleast 6 months for mine.

Because S15's are imports and take time to get into the country, they come and go in terms of how many are available throughout the year. You may leave it a month or two and suddenly find theres a lot more choice.

A

AgtX

I almost bought one last year then someone snapped it up right before i could, i want to be quick this time.

P

Pazz

That one has been advertised for atleast 2 months.

Main concern would be mileage as only way of confirming mileage on imports purchased from dealers is by checking the service history. Which is mostly written in japanese. Be wary of service history which is torn out of the handbooks but yet given to you. These could be easily from another car.

I'm guessing this is your first japanese import?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Japanese service histories are worth nothing. Even if you read Japanese, how can you verify the truthfulness of the history? If it was a UK history, you could contact the servicing garage(s), but if they were in Japan...

If you want exactly the right S15 for you, the only way to do it is to get one of the importers to start looking for you and get it imported. As has been mentioned, it may take a while. Remember, its VERY difficult to find excellent examples of S14s in the UK these days, and they were sold here. S15s are MUCH rarer.

A

AgtX

ok, who is the undesputed best & most honest importer in the UK? I will ask them for a quote.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If I was to go the importer route again, I'd speak to Torque and Prodrift, quite simply because I've dealt with one and heard nothing but good things about both from others.

Ones I wouldn't touch are SVA, Keighley and an importer we can't mention on here without getting threatened with legal action (but they regularly post on the GTROC forum)..

A

AgtX

Well torque and prodrift seem to charge most for theirs. Would i get a good one for 11k or 12k if its extra nice?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Their prices generally reflect the increasing prices GOOD examples go for in the Jap auctions (obviously plus the import charges, ESVA and their fee). These are 8-9 year old cars now. Finding good examples (particularly Aeros with lower mileage) costs.

Also remember that you cannot import 2001/2 Spec Rs. If an importer offers you one of these, they have broken the ESVA regulations fraudulently.

A

AgtX

When will they allow 2001/2 cars in then?

I will ask Torque GT about importing then. See what they say

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
When will they allow 2001/2 cars in then?
If someone commissions a model report for 2001-> Spec R 6MTs. This is fairly unlikely due to the large cost to get the cars to comply to the 2001 emissions regulations. If it was cost-effective, an importer would have already done it...

If, and I stress IF, the government don't change the existing 10 year rule relating to imports, it may be possible to bring in 2001/2 cars without an ESVA in 2010/11. However, I'm sure they'll foresee this, and change the law...

P

Pazz

Some good response's here for newbie's wanting to import an S15 or any other JDM motor.

If this is your first import car, all I wouldnt suggest is that you take your time with choosing one. Go and have a look at one thats for sale in the UK and give it a test drive etc etc

I still remember the hunt for my first RX7. Because of the joys associated with rotary's it took a lot of time researching into trying to attempt to distinguish a rebuilt motor from a plain not gonna last 6 months rust bucket. And even then it was just a pure gamble.

Reaction score
Country
Well torque and prodrift seem to charge most for theirs. Would i get a good one for 11k or 12k if its extra nice?
After the cost of a decent S15 from the auctions, import fee;s, taxation, ESVA etc there is little left to markup for a profit. This is why is generally cheaper to import one directly fro them as it will save you money thus making the final OTR price cheaper. If you notice a cheap S15 on a forecourt the chancers are its an R grade which are cheaper in the auctions but allow importers a better profit. just check and ask for a copy of the auctio sheet if you are interested and dont want an R grade import.

If you speak to Charlie @ Prodrift or even go and see him he can run through with you the procedure. 11-12k will get you a decent fairly low mileage S15. Charlie will tend to only import decent graded 4-4.5 grade and will even request a further inspection if his agent cant check it out (auction not in Tokyo).

I would stress though that you can be in for a long wait if you are after something specific. Ive been waiting for over 6 months for a decent white S15 with full Aero kit, ive been out bid on 1 and another didnt look right after further inspection. Just be ready to be flexible if you are after one in a hurry :).

Anyway, good luck with the hunting, im hoping something will come up for myself very soon :nod:.

P

pablo

i can put people up at mine for the night if they want to view cars at torque. im only 15 mins away from them

Reaction score
Ones I wouldn't touch are SVA, Keighley and an importer we can't mention on here without getting threatened with legal action (but they regularly post on the GTROC forum)..[/quote]

I know all about the importer you cant mention B@$!@?*s. Is prodrift what used to be Bridgegate motors looks like the cars are on the same plot of land?,they have a couple of nice ones in at the moment :nod:
The girlfriend has an Evo6 which we brought from Keighley Trade Centre its lovely and is extremely quick, its a change when I drive it to my arse end happy S15:thumbs:

A

AgtX

I thought keighley trade center would be pants cause they have so many cars in, surely they cant hand pick them all. Id heard bad things about them.
Do you mean Torque of Keighley? id heard they were ok.

Reaction score
Not heard of Torque of Keighley, it was Keighley Car Trade Centre and yes they do have some real dogs in that you wouldn't touch with a 10' barge pole but if you know what your doing you can get a really good deal there, if your not sure take someone who knows about cars find a good one then when you come to buy pick out the little things wrong with it and you can get a better deal they will also take a trade in against it if you have one, like I said our Evo is spot knacker and well specked up its easily as fast as the DB9 I drove last year on a days racing but doesn't sound as good as the Aston, ahh Astonmartins now there is a car:notworthy:.