What's new

Test Drove a S15 Today

Reaction score
i been offered a evo 6 also, im kinda considering coz i think it might be abit easier to sell on!!!
im selling mine now coz i REALLY want a silvia PS13, love the look of them! plus i will have a bit of spare cash to tinker with it too! just hope im making the right move :confused:

Reaction score
i been offered a evo 6 also, im kinda considering coz i think it might be abit easier to sell on!!!:confused:
Yeh who knows. Think its just parting with 10K for any car without finance is the main thing?!?

Reaction score
definately!!!! where else have you been advertising yours then??? apart from here sxoc & piston heads??? you tried any mags or top marques/a.trader?

Reaction score
and STILL no joy!?! its crazy!!!
10.5 k and you get a new (ish) turbo charged porsche chasing sports car.
super reliable japanese car - not gonna drop in price much - yet still people just dont seem interested, it really does baffle me!!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
People tend to only see the cost of a 99 S14a, unfortunately :( Its a shame, cos if they got as far as test driving an S15 and seeing how it compares to an S14a, they'd be hooked

Reaction score
i agree, my friend has a very nice s14a, but, its just not a s15, there is alot of difference, without a doubt.
i seem to remember this kinda conversation came up in another thread not so long ago.

S

sillbeers15

Apart from the S15 looking better than the S14, the major difference is the 6 speed manual gearbox and the helical limited slip diff that makes it so much sweeter to drive over the S14. Therefore the stock gearbox and diff is staying in my ride.

I recently toyed with the idea of getting a S14 as a daily driver....but decided to drop the act as I even had difficulity to clock up 4000km for my Murano to make it for its 5000km oil change scheduled today.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
They can't pass because there is no model report for them.
More info about this. The European emissions criteria changed on 01/01/2001, apparently. I'm told that it was an arduous task to create the existing report, so creating a new one isn't going to be any easier. As was pointed out by Torque, if it was commercially viable, it would have already been done...

The guys to speak to are be Nick or Neil at Model Reports Direct.

Thanks again to Torque GT for that info. :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
More info about this. The European emissions criteria changed on 01/01/2001, apparently. I'm told that it was an arduous task to create the existing report, so creating a new one isn't going to be any easier. As was pointed out by Torque, if it was commercially viable, it would have already been done...

The guys to speak to are be Nick or Neil at Model Reports Direct.

Thanks again to Torque GT for that info. :)

Cheers for the research on this Christian.. appreciate your help... guess its a 99/00 S15 for me too...:notworthy:

General Question? What did Nissan replace the Silvia S15 with after 2002? Or was this where the Silvia/SX chassis ended? They all seem to be fairladies or skylines now???:confused:

Als

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The S15 was the end on the line for the Silvia :( Apparently emissions laws made it impossible for them to continue. I feel the 350Z and Renault had more to do with it.

As always, there are persistent rumours of a future 'S16'...