What's new

greetings from Auckland NZ

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I've loved Series 6+ Rx7's ever since I first sat in one back in 95. After 7 years of research and close calls I finally kicked the idea to the curb and bought something better - the S15. At least I know when I travel in the S15; I won't be walking home! My spec R is running 210rwKW at the moment - no more mods on the cards for now as 210 is not too much, not too little - just right.

A question for you all who run similar outputs to mine; how many k's do you get to a full tank of gas (typically)? I used Mobil 98 Octane for a while and only got 240k's to 3/4 tank - about 290-300 to a full tank. Now I run it on BP 98 and get 310 to 3/4 tank (not sure about full tank as I tend not to run it to that level). The Power FC seems to be tuned correctly. I'm just curious as to whether my fuel consumption is typical of S15s in this state of tune.

watch your sliding!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome :wave:

I usually get about 270-290 MILES to a tank and could probably push it to 300. That's 430-465Km (480 at a push). That's usually doing an 80 mile round trip in a day when I don't take the Hilux.

I'm running 207KW. So, unless you do loads of city driving, your figure is terrible...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Welcome to the board, i too was looking to buy an Rx7 as they are damn nice, but the more research i did on MRC, all the rebuilds, breakdowns the amount of fuel it eats, and oil it eats, i was put off, insurance isnt too bad on a Rex if you get the UK model, but there *only* 255bhp as aposed to the Jap 285 (Rz)

So i started looking elsewhere and seen the car in my Sig and bought it. :nod:

Re-sale values are alot higher than the Rex also, the price of the Rx7 to buy has dropped dramatically recently as the MRC forum will tell you.

Go S15 mate, you know you want to :nod: :thumbs:

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. All my driving is pretty much city driving. Also, the foot is only buried in the firewall about 30% of the time (note, the S15 is my weekend only car and I take specific drives to the country to let her breathe). If it was my everyday car, I'd probably only get to bury the foot 3-4% of the time. Auckland traffic is bumper to bumper and dangerous driving around others doesn't do anyone any favours. My company car gets 500K+ to a tank - that would be nice in the S15!! I heard from a guy with around 200rwKW that he got about 500K to a tank (mind you, he lived rurally and barely did any city driving). From feedback I've had so far, my consumption seems about right given the mods - although about 40ks too low. I heard from an evo7 driver that he only got 250k per 3/4 tank (running 215KW to 4 wheels). So yeah - it's not unheard of I guess. The tuning was done by one of the best in Auck so I don't know what else can be done really. I have 740cc Apexi injectors, Nismo Fuel pump and a Sard FPR as far a fuel mods are concerned. The Power FC is running 60.5 duty cycle max to each injector. I guess there is some excess waste there as the bumper gets fairly sooty and the S15 spits some mean flames. Even feedback from older S13's quote 400ks to a full tank with minor mods so maybe you guys overseas have better juice!? Still, the BP increase to 310k keeps me moderately happy for now. Right, I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks - catch you guys then.

S

S15R

back to your fuel econ, it could be your O2 sensor

go to nissan and get a new O2 sensor probably will help :D

Reaction score
Sorry, no pics. No access to uploading pics at the moment. But here's a rough description: white, full Uras body kit incl ganador mirrors, lowered on HKS Hyper Max D's, bronze Gmax 5 spokes (sim to Te37's less a spoke) 17X9 245's r, 17X8 225 f, tints, no wing, big Trust Drag Special intercooler smiling in the front.

Nah, no emissions testing in NZ at present as part of WOF checks.

The O2 sensor is giving a correct reading on my A/F ratio gauge and the voltage seems ok too so prob not the O2 sensor.

I may get the thing back on the dyno and see what can be done. My only fear is that I loose power as part of their tinkering. Nothing worse than paying for lost power!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I-nearly-bought-a-batty said:
Sorry, no pics. No access to uploading pics at the moment. But here's a rough description: white, full Uras body kit incl ganador mirrors, lowered on HKS Hyper Max D's, bronze Gmax 5 spokes (sim to Te37's less a spoke) 17X9 245's r, 17X8 225 f, tints, no wing, big Trust Drag Special intercooler smiling in the front.

Nah, no emissions testing in NZ at present as part of WOF checks.

The O2 sensor is giving a correct reading on my A/F ratio gauge and the voltage seems ok too so prob not the O2 sensor.

I may get the thing back on the dyno and see what can be done. My only fear is that I loose power as part of their tinkering. Nothing worse than paying for lost power!
We gotto have pics of this car.
I would love to see how it looks :)

Reaction score
I'll get a mate of mine to take a dig photo and post it on the web sometime. I was toying with the idea of fitting a carbon Fibre GT Wing - (for race track downforce more than cosmetics), but I eventually talked myself out of it. I think the clean boot look suits my car far better. Once I get some track time in, if starts flying off the track, I'll maybe reconsider. Those guys with stock Honda accords and 6 foot high GT wings kinda make you think twice eh? Then there's the quality issue, a genuine C west wing costs bulk, and some of those cheapies look like they may come off at 200k's+.

Reaction score
ok, a long time coming, but here's a pic of my Sil, just to prove I'm not a Micra driver masquerading as a Silvia driver :cool: