What's new

Introducing.. j0nbubz!

J

j0nbubz

^ I'd have to agree ichi-go!

Definately feels wobbly going round round-a-bouts!

What is the best way to reduce the body roll? I was thinking thicker rear sway to begin with (as it already has coils)

Reaction score
Country
well ive coilovers, front and rear sway bar (adjustable), rear sub frame locking collars, full alignment kit (rose joint) and light wheels/ potenza tires. :thumbs:

have to say its alot more stable around bends then stock, really makes the difference. just had mine all set up and turbo blow:cry: so didnt get chance to test out its full potential.:annoyed:

J

j0nbubz

sounds like a good setup ray

what are the locking collars used for?

also - would you happen to know the stock F/R swaybar sizes for jap-spec?
with this - how much thicker would I go for a front sway to more-so neutralise the car

S

sillbeers15

what are the locking collars used for?
-jOnbubz
Like many other modern RWD cars, the rear suspension components and differential are mounted onto a subframe. The subframe is then attached to the base of the chassis via four bolts. Rubber bushes are sanwhiched between the chassia and subframe and tighted by the 4 bolts.

The rubber bushes provided as insulation materials to absorb NVH from suspension and drivetrain for comfort and silence in cabin. However, it caused the rear of Silvias to loose feedback and steering response. Even in high speed (> 220kn/h) cruising, the rear wheels gives the creepy feel of wobble left and right.

To nurse the issue, many Japanese tuners offer bullet aluminium alloy collars to be slotted into the rubber bush locations. This clever approach eliminates the need to change the rubber bush material yet acheive a tight feel for the rear suspension. However, the down side is that more NVH now gets transmitted into the cabin.....hehee.

Reaction score
Country
like what sillbeers15 said....

when the wheels do staart spining they dont wobble so a plus side when drifting... hehehe

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Subframe collars alone will have a dramatic effect on the tightness of the rear of the car. Decent sway/anti roll bars will reduce roll noticeably. Coilovers will also reduce roll and allow you to adjust height and damping. All the other alignment stuff is needed once you lower...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and welcome :wave:

I noticed last night that when carrying speed through a roundabout, then accelorating out, the car seemed to bounce/bog down until settled then pulled. just when accelorating and turning, any ideas? Damper set to soft?

J

j0nbubz

happens to mine as well..

I would have to say it's a matter of damper..

Is this the first time it's happened.. or..?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
1st time i've pushed on through a roundabout like that, yes. However, i have been on tight twisty b-roads and not noticed it. I think i'll tighten up the dampers and see how that goes. :thumbs:

J

j0nbubz

wow still getting email notification of replies.. =P

good news all!

just got my genuine aero front bar fitted (sun has warped the edges a bit -.-,, needs some bashing!) + my rims are arriving on Friday!

joy =>

J

j0nbubz

I love that thread. Where I got my first love for the aero bar!

FYI: got my aero with factory fogs for approx $1000 delivered to my city. Got it from yahoo auctions

J

j0nbubz

s15 aero front bars are so expensive..

a mint cond. one in australia will set u back over $1300

I got mine for relatively cheap.. has a few chips, colours a bit off etc

Reaction score
Country
They are expensive because people sell theirs for too expensive. If you know people around, u can get them relatively cheap, less than 1k for sure