What's new

Hey guys/gals...

Reaction score
Country
Hello peeps,

Looking to get an S15 soon to replace my FTO GPX Manual so id thought id join up and start getting to know everyone.

Been a member of the FTOOC for over 3 years now...not sure if anyone else has migrated across ?

Anyway i really hope i can get a chance to see some soon, may pop down to Pro-Drift to sort out some prices etc and get a good look at their stock (if they have any).

Is there anyone in the Essex area ? I could have sworn i saw one last year in Chelmsford, only just caught the tell tale spoiler in my rear view mirror as we past each other ?

Spec List of my FTO...

1995 FTO GPX Pyraneese Black
Manual Gearbox + Viscous LSD
C's Short Shifter
BMC Enclosed Carbon Air Box
Heat Resistant TB Gasket
Mongoose SS CAT Back Exhaust
Blueflame Straight Through SS Decat
Tein Adjustable Topmounts
GAZ Gold Custom Coilovers
Feroda DS2500 Pads + 3G Discs + SS Hoses
Full Set Orange Samco Hoses
Bozz Speed Front Bumper + DC Sideskirts + Topmix Spoiler
18" Ultralite SPEC Alloys + Goodyear Eagle F1 225/35/18
Full Custom Leather Seats Front + Back
Momo Millenium Evo Steering + Momo Sphere Shifter
8000K HIDS
+ Loads more bits i always forget :rolleyes:

Heres a few old pics...(need to take more when weather sorts itself out :mad:)...

Current FTOOC's Calender Car (June 2007) :cool:...

And some older (note all pics dont show my new Ultralite alloys)...

Id love to be able to meet up with a current S15 owner, ill be going to JAE so hopefully ill get a chance to chat with some of you if i dont have one by then.

Cheers

Jez

Last edited:
A

Adam15

hi jez,welcome to the site,,the car looks mint by the way,an s15 is the way to go though,anyway talk to ya later,,:wave:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi and welcome :wave:
Nice FTO you got there. how is fuel consumtion on the GPX Mivec engine?

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys

Hi and welcome :wave:
Nice FTO you got there. how is fuel consumtion on the GPX Mivec engine?
Fuel consumption is pretty good, usually 30-35MPG easily. As i dont need a car to get to work im happy to drop to something a bit more thirsty :D.

The FTO is a really good car, i was after a Teg DC2 but couldnt find a nice one at the time. Glad i picked the FTO as its on par (GPX Manual anyway - and mine out performs a standard Teg now) and looks a 1000 times better imo.

I just hope the S15 handles as good, it still amazes me how much power i can put down when cornering but this is probably helped by the suspension setup i have and the very rare LSD fitted :cool:. I dont think i could drive a RWD car with as much confidence as i can my FTO though :(

Im just looking forward to the massive torque increase of the S15, main reason why i went off the S2000 was because it was same torque as my FTO (and weighs more [manual FTO IS ABOUT 1150kg]) :confused:

So is there anyone in the Essex area ? or am i gonna be a lonesome owner :(

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome buddy the fto is looking good still .....
feel free to ask any questions :wave:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi Jez :wave:

Welcome to the site buddy. Really nice looking FTO - I've always liked them. Lovin' your black one although my favourite is the white GP Version R.

I just hope the S15 handles as good, it still amazes me how much power i can put down when cornering but this is probably helped by the suspension setup i have and the very rare LSD fitted :cool:. I dont think i could drive a RWD car with as much confidence as i can my FTO though :(
I think you'll find that at 1230kg (standard), the S15 weighs in pretty light for the amount of power and torque it delivers through the rear wheels.

I've converted from a FWD Mondeo ST200 to my S15 and there's a monumental difference in the handling and the way the car reacts to acceleration whilst cornering etc.

FWD and heavier cars make you feel safer when you're pushing it. There's more understeer and rear ends don't start wiggling?! The S15 (IMO) has to be understood, learnt and experienced. To me, it doesn't feel as safe pushing it at the moment but that's because I have to get used to the way it reacts and when it's safe to put the power down.

One thing's for sure, you won't regret buying one!

James

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The S15 (Spec R) is much more predictable on the limit than the S14 was, thanks largely to the Helical diff. It will also take quite a bit of provocation to misbehave. The main exception to the rule is in the wet, where it demands your total respect otherwise you'll be climbing out of a ditch quite quickly. As with all RWD cars, you have to learn not to power THROUGH corners like a FWD car. You need to do all your braking before entering a corner, GENTLY feed power through, then power OUT. Power out too hard in the wet and you'll find boost will come on and the back will go. Totally. To the less experienced, this phenomena is known as 'a diesel spill' :wack:

Welcome BTW :wave:

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Welcome, I too have a manual GPX mivec but mostly standard. I like both cars but the power delivery of the S15 is better. Its there from low down where you have to drop it down a cog or 2 in the FTO.

As mentioned just adjust to the rear wheel drive, its not worth it in the wet.

Reaction score
Country
Ill just have to learn to be more progressive with the accelerator pedal...no more flat on/off like in my FTO :D

One of the main reasons i chose the S15 was because its still quite light, although about 80KG heavier than my FTO its got bags more torque which the FTO lacks (like any 2ltr N/A tbh).

Im going to be aiming for about 250-300Lbs of torque after some modding....i really want that 'brutal, pushed back in your seat effect', hopefully without sacrificing driveability and reliability.

Could easy have been mate, it was there for the whole weekend :wave:
Yeah...was yours then, i was like :smitten::smitten: next to it for a lot of the weekend....until the storm came :rotfl:

Also good to see another FTO owner here :wave:

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
For the kind of money I paid for the S15 I could have stretched to find another 96 facelift soop tt6. That would put a smile on your face and literally pushes you into your seat especially when the second tub comes on at 4k. I went for a unique car and am glad though.

G

gunner93

My friends asked me how does it feel to drive a turbocharged RWD S15. I simply replied, "the ass always wants to overtake the front." :D

Reaction score
Country
Well..i went down to see Charlie @ Prodrift, great guy, very easily approachible and definitely seems someone i can trust to source me a mint S15.

Test drove one he had there....in the pouring rain...first time driving a RWD turbo...:eek:....my GF shat herself in the back when i booted it off a roundabout (after straightening up) massive (well..pretty small actually) back end wiggle!!! shat myself too for a second, luckily i instinctively didnt immediately come off the throttle so the car sorted itself out nicely :cool:

The tyres though were the ones that came on the car from Japan and ive learnt just how pants they are...made braking even a worry. Prob not the best day to test drive my first S15 but it didnt put me off the slightest...just made me realise how wary i will need to be (and how much fun i will have :)).

So looks like i will be importing one, Charlie is looking for a nice white + Aero kit, hopefully wont take too long to find the ones i want and get the ball rolling.

Anyway...thanks again to Charlie...took most of his afternoon out for me showing me the process etc :thumbs:

Jez

Last edited: