What's new

New User Here, Howdy

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
If you do end up being interested in a car that is not from the 'Recommended' list then just make sure the price is for the car to be 'On The Road' (OTR).

I've seen some ads where the price looks too good to be true (cos it is ;)) and they might list a nice looking Spec-R for about ?8,000 - ?9,000. What you will probably find is that the seller is just an agent/buyer and that is the price you pay for the car ONLY.

You will then have to fund the shipping, ESVA (not cheap if modified and possibly impossible to pass if heavily modified), Duty etc which will then bump up the eventual costs substantially.

D

DriftR

Prices of the cars can come quite a bit less than that before shipping...

thats my problem at the moment. i know how cheap people can get the cars but i dont have enough confidence/knowledge ( nor do i have the money to throw away if indeed it did go tits up ) in these exporters to go it alone even although i know fine well what price they pay for their motors, iv been on a few auction sites and some prices are just unreal while still maintaining high quality. if i email them, all seems very genuine. pay a price, get full access to the auctions, select car, pay, bobs yer uncle. but in all honesty, i dont like the idea of handing over my dosh into what seems to me, the unknown, and also i cant really be arsed yet at this point in time, no time for it!! maybe once i have a car, and fancy making an addition, il do it alone...for now i think il be going with a recommended garage/importer, but i think there will be some negotiating on the price they state in their websites :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You can get S15's cheap, yes. But i wouldnt buy one of those :no:, you need to be careful when buying an S15, even an expensive one doesnt mean its good. Go with the recomended folks, they are tried and tested, and if willing to travel you can check the car over before handing over your cash.

D

DriftR

well....

iv not got a s15, however i am still going to buy one when i sell/trade my my roadster in for one cause i love them too.

However...i have got myself what iv wanted for years and its absolutely minted! not one spec of it in bad nick, and all mechanical parts are 6 months or less old :D , not to mention the engine has only done around 2000kms ( 900 of them were me driving it home nicely from the south coast )

its an ex track car from japan, iv priced up some of the bits on it and its just scary! the clutch alone is worth ?1400...then theres the Turbo...offt LOL!

390-400bhp @ wheels and every supporting part to make it handle and respond like a dream :cool: and its just superb!!

I gave in, and got myself a Mazda RX7 :notworthy: :thumbs:

Last edited:
D

DriftR

lol!! hardly!!

:D

Im still after a s15 though to join it...all in time, all in time :)

D

DriftR

bollux :D :D :D :D :D its all part of the rotary experience, the engines are very reliable if you look after them properly, which is the problem for many as they dont know exactly how to do it. the whole rebuild rebuild rebuild thing is a pretty ignorant look on the cars. if you look after it, it looks after you, many rotaries last well over 100k without any problems, others last 100 when the likes of wee davie razzmymotor from slough gets his hands on one and thinks...fast n furious :D

its only done 2000 odd kilometres on a fresh new racing engine in awesome condition, not the average potentially shagged gypo engines i see time and time again in import garages and private sales claiming silly horse, and 900 odd of them was driving nicely up from the south coast.

iv started with a good un in the 1st place :) now for more power... :cool:

Last edited: