Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Well, sat under my desk at work (safely away from Mrs Nicely's nagging), and waiting to be fitted, are coilovers, rear camber arms, 740s and a set of 18x8.5 Kei D2 alloys.... :p And I'm waiting for my group buy 315mm BMW M3 Brembo disks to arrive. Oh and a 3500 mile replacement T28BB turbo and braided hoses...

Think that should just about do me. :D
You must have a very very large desk :eek:

Reaction score
Nice one Nicely! You car will then be even more similar to mine. My HKS Hyper Max D's are running 10kg springs in the front and 8kg in the rear - it's fairly stiff on the road to say the least! I don't know what you have planned but let me know how your spring rate suits on the road. I'm getting used to mine now - I was planning to switch to 8f and 6r. If it was a daily driver, I think I would. It'll be interesting to see if the BB version turbo makes a big difference in performance - spool wise etc (maybe high flow it before installation?). My brakes are standard at present, maybe future track time will highlight them for tinkering! Mind you, I'll try new pads and fluid before any hardware changes.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The turbo shouldn't make much difference as its the same; just newly new. I've got one or two minor worries about my current one (other than a leaking water feed :rolleyes: ) and it makes me concerned that it may be about to die. The newly new one came up for sale at a very good price, so I got it.

I've got softer coilovers. A mate got the stiffer ones and warned me about ahving to take out a Denplan policy... :p

I warped my standard disks and got horrendous fade on standard pads on my first S15 track day last year... Some decent Project Mu Street or Ferodo DS2500 pads help a lot.

Reaction score
fd9ak49 said:
5) Ok, stupid one....sorry.....why on all the modified cars I can see are the stickers the wrong way around on the right hand side....am I being dim or is this some sort of crazy fashion statement???!!! (I've looked closely and I don't think they're mirrored photos!)
The drift cars have the graphics mirrored on one side so that all the stickers line up symetrically.

If they didn't reverse them, the other side would only look similar, ie the words would be going the other way along the car. ;)