What's new

new zealand member

Reaction score
Country
Hi team

I purchased my first 200SX S15 on 8th January 2001, the Bay Nissan dealer demonstration car. I sold this at 130,000 km in May 2009 and the next day purchased the 1999 Nismo S15 Demo Car, a track demonstrator for Nissan Motorsports in Tokyo. Driving the Silvia is a great experience. Learning of the variations from the Nissan and Nismo factories has been fun. Reading the techinal explanations by fellow members really encourages me with my own updates and mods, I simply hang the original parts in the garage to preserve the original. I have attended Nizfest here in New Zealand twice and participate in car club events.

Cheers

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Hello zspec and welcome to the S15 Owners Club!

The duration you've owned an S15 is almost at 20 years, some of our youngest owners are younger than that!

I am very intrigued to hear more about your Nismo demo car, we've got a section for builds if you wanted to share more about your car and how you maintain it :)

Is Nizfest quite a popular event in NZ?

Reaction score
Country
Nizfest 2010 on Saturday 20th November 2010 at Hampdowns Motorsport Park New Zealand
Nizfest 2011 on Saturday 5 November at Hampdowns Motorsport Park New Zealand, and Sunday 6 November at Meremere Dragway New Zealand

These are the only dates this festival has been held in New Zealand, good attendance and enjoyed by all. 2010 festival organised by Stewart Mearns, Aftersales Operations Manager, Nismo sales for Nissan New Zealand. Now Performance Workz Developments Ltd, Currently contracting to Hitech Motorsport - Drury - NZ.
The 2010 festival was organised by Andy of the Datson Z Club, New Zealand.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
That's a shame it's only happened twice, but very interesting to read about the direction that the original organiser went.

What's the next best event over there?