What's new

Spec S aero edition build in Pacific Northwest

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@midnight_soul
Hey all, been lurking S15 forums this one and others for far too long. I've been an S15 owner since February of 2016. Initially I purchased a Spec R in 2016, and daily drove it for roughly 6 months out of that year. At the time I'd purchased it I was much more fond of S14's and previously owned a red Zenki. This Spec R being my first turbo car was a real game changer for me as it was my first turbocharged vehicle. I've never had more fun in a car than that car was able to dish out. Come around the end October of 2016 and I was actually on my way to a job interview that was going to fund the build of said Spec R, but shortly after jumping on the highway, some clueless neanderthal in a Mazda 3 thought it was a good idea to come to a complete stop on the highway and cut across my lane to reach an exit. Seconds later my Spec R(ekt) was a complete write off.

Fast forward 3 weeks after my accident, I was lucky enough to get my hands on my current car, a much cleaner, much nicer Spec S aero edition. The key reason I bought the car was for the factory aero bits, and it was a good candidate for me to swap the engine from my Spec R into after a forged big turbo build on the engine out of that car.

Fast forward to the present day and my Spec S is still waiting for a swap. I'm in process of slowly accumulating all the parts for my SR20DET rebuild. I'm learning to have great patience through this process :eek:hwell:. As for the car itself, I've taken time to install simple quality of life upgrades to improve it's street performance. I'll list below the things that are on the car, and what is in store to snare your interest

Installed on the car:
Rays 57DR Gunblue 17x9+22 225/45 crap tires
BC Coilovers 10k & 8k springs
LED tail lights
Front R34 GTR brembo calipers, stoptech rotors and pads
OEM Nissan BM57 master cylinder
Bride Zeta III & Bride FG type seat rails
Works Bell slim boss hub (This thing slides onto the steering column splines better than the OEM wheel)
NRG V2 quick release
Genuine OMP Corsica leather steering wheel
SRP Aluminum race pedal covers
Ecliptech Shift P2 shift light (Coolest thing in the car)
Nismo catback exhaust
P2M coolant overflow tank

Stuff that's taking up room in my house:
Full set of Blitz 03 17x9+22
Koyo Radiator
Samco hoses
Full set of ISR pro series adjustable arms
Full set of Poly urethane bushings (minus the ones that will have spherical bearing type on the arms)
Fully reinforced and welded subframe (out of the Spec R)
Willans FIA 4 point harness
Apexi Power FC D-Jetro BNIB
Custom tig welded trust style mid mount turbo manifold made with thick wall steel tubing
Garrett GT3071R .64 AR
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tomei Poncams
Tomei Fuel pressure regulator
Full CD009 transmission swap
Defi gauges: Boost, oil temp, oil press, water temp

That's just a quick rundown of what I have, but there's much more to come. ;)
I'll be also brembo swapping the rear end of my car, swapping to Z33 axles with Villains stubs, etc. I'm not cutting any corners with this car at all. I'm just really hoping I finish the thing this year.

Reaction score
Country
Best colour ;)

Thing’ll go like a rocket when it’s done! Blitz 03’s will looks awesome too, especially in those specs.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@midnight_soul
Thank you! I'm hoping it will. I'll likely only run around 350whp during break in for the first 5000km's just to get the motor and any sort of hiccups along the way all sorted out. Should be interesting cranking out 450whp going back to the dyno afterwards. The Blitz 03's are either going to get relipped wider or sold so I can do a 17/18 staggered wheel set up.