Liked

new S15

Hi guys, I've just recently brought myself a S15 speck R! I thought ill give the car a service for piece of mind and when changing the plugs I've realised that they have snapped off and melted in no. 1,2,3 cylinders... this has scored the bores.. (plug no NKG BKR7EIX) I believe the car has been mapped and they was gapped to .8, (I did not drive the car from cold) can anyone help explain how this has happened? and also I'm going to rebuild the engine to a forge speck can anyone suggest anywhere I can source a kit? if they do one, or what is the best route to go down? not the introduction I was expecting to be posting...
    thanks jack

Liked
    Hi Jack
    There can be a few reasons, too long since being changed, poor mapping causing excessive heat from being too rich, overfueling, running lean causing det/knock causing spark plug to break

Its more likely pointing towards the map though

Can you put a picture of the plugs so we can see what signs they show

Liked
    Ive been speaking to the seller and he serviced the car in march last year but he also said the car had been mapped in Japan and I think it may be a stock map which might explain half of it.
    file:///var/folders/l_/dk4rqpbx5yq5_...T/IMG_0231.jpg the photo isn't the best but you can see where the tips have burnt away. what do you think?

Liked
    you need to upload pics to a photo sharing service for them to display on here.

Liked
    Try imgur.com for image upload