What's new

Just to say hi

Reaction score
Country
First post to say hi.

I currently own a Honda Integra DC5 and have done for 9 years as a 50 mile daily but now thinking whether it's worth the move to an S15 at some point!

I'll be searching to see if anyone has made the move either way and views etc to help me decide!

Reaction score
Country
If it's your only car then doing a 50 mile commute in an S15 is not really a great idea. We're talking about a car that's at least 16 years old. My commute is about 30k each way and I used to do that in my S15 but the general wear of that amount of driving on a highish mileage car with a sport setup was taking it toll on all the bearings and bushes - which of course got replaced - then the next oldest thing wears out. So now I commute in a newer car and use my S15 for more fun driving where more of a sports setup is more suitable. It also makes it easier to take it off the road for a week while doing mods to it without worrying about how to get to work.

Reaction score
Country
I agree with Trancer that an S15 for a daily commute may not be the best idea. When i got mine I was doing a 52 mile round trip everyday and don't get me wrong it was a riot even with the car near enough standard. I never had any mechanical issues over the 6 months i used it and it wasn't uncomfortable. But i never had the chance to mod it like i do now because i was worried of i took something apart and it broke or a sheared a bolt then the car is fooked and i cant get to work. Its now my second car and I can tinker away without any worries. Also fuel economy was horrendous, i was using £70 every 4 days. i now commute in an ecoboost fiesta and the extra savings go on mods :)

Reaction score
Country
I agree with needing a second car if you're modding etc, luckily I do have one, albeit a 1993 bmw e36 so still not the best as a daily. It should be back on the road soon so I can start using that again. Always had a soft spot for the S15 and I am at a point where I will either end up keeping the Integra forever, or make the stand to move on to something different. I do like RWD but the DC5 is a car that can be thrown around and sticks so it will need some careful decisions!
Either way I'm looking forward to browsing the forum and possibly seeing one in person to see what they are like etc.