Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member

Liked
    @4ndy_hunt
    WTTC, boost leak was my first throught, it's worth a check may be a pipe that opens up when under pressure. But it may well be a couple of the little things that have combined. Best of luck with it youll love it when its sorted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Liked
    I'm going to do a pressure test and i can't find anything take it for a smoke test. Plenty of time to get it sorted as it's garaged at the minute. I'll report back on boost test

Liked
    does the OEM WMIC crack like the S14/a ones do? that might be a good place to start

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh janus View Post
    does the OEM WMIC crack like the S14/a ones do? that might be a good place to start
    It does with too much boost, but it’s stronger than the S14 one.
    Last edited by The_Angry_Saxon; 03-02-2018 at 16:45.

Liked
    So I've have a smoke test done. The garage said there was a leak down the bottom somewhere but couldn't see it. They also said the rocker cover gasket was leaking. And they could not run the full cycle. Is it even possible for the rocker cover to leak? Could this have come from breather?

Liked
    Iím really bad at explaining things but the rocker cover gasket has a kind of semi-circle shaped bit at the front of the engine and the back. Iíve heard that these can be a bit of a pain and can be one of the more likely places to leak on the gasket.

If itís ever been removed and refitted in the past thereís a chance it may not have been reseated properly as you almost have to feel the back bit in because you canít really see it.

Liked
    smoke test won't reveal boost leaks I'm afraid as they don't get anywhere near the type of pressure you'll be boosting at. You need a proper pressure test.

Liked
    Ahh waste of money then! They didn't seem worried that smoke was coming out of the rocker cover. I wasn't there to see they just explained over the phone. But that doesn't sound good to me at all.

Liked
    Im fan of a smoke down test, done properly with air pressure which is how you do them they will show all leaks in your system..I was supprised to see it coming out of my BOV, goes to show how they dont seal properly.. Yes, the smoke would have entered the rocker via the breather pipes..

Liked
    Yeah just realised they wouldn't have blanked off the breather! New gasket to go on today then redo the smoke test so they can run full cycle. I will also see what pressure they run it too. Cheers