What's new

Spec S turbo conversion

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@jw_s15
Hey guys,
I'm finally starting to think about doing the conversion on the 15! I know the easiest/best route to go down is getting a 14a as a donor car. I've been looking into it & it looks like a lot of work is going to be involved. Has anyone on here done the conversion or in progress of doing it & can give me some advice? I don't really wanna be spending a fortune on doing it 😩. But it's about time she finally gets boost.
Thanks 🙂

Reaction score
Country
i did this last year:

getting a donor car (S14/a) is by far the easiest for parts as 99% simply swaps over the only real issue is the wiring from the Spec S and the 14a has to be spliced together as it's not plug and play, I had my loom done by someone else and cost in region of £400.

I would recommend swapping the props over as the Spec S is significantly narrower in diameter, the diff in your spec S should be a 4.1 (iirc) so retain that.

now I'm rather spoilt as my mate owns his own garage so literally has every tool available known to man, the mechanical side was don't in less that 36hrs straight but that was swapping brakes, suspension, engine, gearbox Intercooler, pump and rad etc..plus loads of other bits

Spec S to 3a SR DET (pic heavy)