What's new

On the lookout for a S15!

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone,

I'm currently searching for a s15 spec r, I've had a look at a local one to me but a little concerned with some rust under the bonnet and a nasty looking turret! I've never owned anything pre 2000 so it might just be a case that they are getting old, is it common to have spots of rust on the s15's, especially under the bonnet?

Not got much knowledge about the cars yet but hopefully joining the forum will help me!

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Jamie

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone,

I'm currently searching for a s15 spec r, I've had a look at a local one to me but a little concerned with some rust under the bonnet and a nasty looking turret! I've never owned anything pre 2000 so it might just be a case that they are getting old, is it common to have spots of rust on the s15's, especially under the bonnet?

Not got much knowledge about the cars yet but hopefully joining the forum will help me!

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Jamie
Hi Jamie,

All I can advise is that there are plenty of rust free S15's available to import and ones already over here that have recently been imported. Rust is like cancer to these cars and they will almost all suffer it at some point. It is often that what looks like a little surface rust escalates into something larger. Personally, unless the car was very well priced to reflect the rust, I would find another.