What's new

Hi im Axel.

Reaction score
Country
Hi my name is Axel. Ive always been very interested in S15s, and honestly cant see myself in any other car. Im 16, just finishing school in the UK got my final exams coming up very soon. Im going to start be getting my driving license next year. I came here for advice on what i should do. My estranged father recently passed away and im getting an inheritance from him of around £50k-£70k. Ever since i heard how much i was getting, ive been dead set on getting an S15 with it. Ive done a some research into importing/buying from the UK, but i have absolutely no experience in this area atall. I just wanted to ask you guys with experience how you would go about obtaining an S15 at 17 with around £60k to spend. I have no idea what to look out for when buying and dos and don'ts, i will be very grateful for any help, tips, opinions.

Thanks,
Axel :)

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Welcome
It would be a shame to blow that much money on a car, why not budget around 10k for the ideal S15 and put the rest in the bank?

Most modifications that you do to a car will be worthless irrespective of how much you spend on them

Joe

Reaction score
Country
And you're happy to pay the insurance at that age? Fair play to you if you are, certainly picked a cool car haha. Like Joeh said, probably budget around £10-12k for one. You should be able to get quite a nice one for that, especially at the higher end of that budget. Also like above said, mods won't add any value unfortunately.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Tbh I doubt anyone would insure you as a first car . Most places will want years of experience plus experience of performance cars and rwd before they will even consider insuring you. Maybe on a non turbo ? I'm not sure : They are cool cars but I wouldn't suggest it as a first car . If you do then I Personally would say importing a fresh one is the way to go ,you will get more for your money and should be pretty rust free too. Maybe best to start of with something pretty stock and build it to your liking . Don't blow it all on the car though ha ha so easily done with the S15 🤣 hope you manage to get what you're after good luck

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Hi Axel,

Have you been out in a s15 yet? Might be worth asking some locals (where are you?) if you can at least go out in one get a feel for it. As others have said I'd be very surprised if you could insure it, but you never know without asking, and good luck!

My brother imported his (now mine) it wasn't that difficult to be honest, and _can be_ much cheaper but not guaranteed, as you are potentially (depending how you buy it) buying something based on a couple of pictures.

Cheers,

Martyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Hello and welcome Axel

As mentioned above, I would look around the 10-15k range, and would defo import a fresh one.
However, like the guys said insuring it with a new license could be difficult.
You going to need at least 1 years NCB (No Claim Bonus) or/and previous experience in RWD car for most insurance companies.
My best idea would be to get an mx5 as a first car, that would tick all the boxes for your next insurance. Meanwhile start to look for an s15 at Japanese auctions. It took me over 6 months to find and import the right one.
Also a non turbo spec S would be a good idea, Its aggressive enough for daily driving. Looks the same, less hassle and always can pop an sr20det in it later if you are confident enough with the car. :)
Good luck with your plans!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
pass your test, get an old snotter to crash, dent write off slowly build up NCB's

getting any reasonably high powered car so early will end up you bending it or worse yourself

put money into property (perhaps go halves with parents) having a large amount of cash now will let you live like a prince (for a while) invest properly..and not spunking 20% on a 15 year old motor long term will mean you live like a king later down the line.

it not just buying the car its running and maintaining.

i feel old lol