What's new

SXOC newbie but (very) old school Varietta owner

Reaction score
Country
Hi All

About 15 years ago I was looking for a unique convertible and was toying with the idea of the 300zx when I stumbled upon the S15 Varietta and never looked

Didn't have a clue how to get one into the country as at that time only a couple had been imported but found this guy in Kent who only charged a fixed fee to handle everything and even gave me access to choose my own car at the Jap auction

Even though I searched every single day it still took about a year before I managed to import a couple of S15 Varietta's (blue and red) to the UK, about 14 years ago - I was only going to buy one and then the second came up with my perfect spec so the plan was to sell one....

.....plan failed as it was too rare at the time so no-one responded to the ads so ended up keeping both until blue sold after 10 years. Kept the red one as weekend cruiser and all I can say it is 'absolute quality'. It's literally bullet-proof and starts in all weather without fail and I'm not a techy so left it completely original (including the Jap Sat nav/crappy original Nissan stereo)

Anyway, another Varietta owner who happened to see my car parked (so that means there are least 2 in London!) mentioned to me about SXOC and after reading the Forums with interest realised I needed to sign up to probably the best SX resource on the net!

Happy to be here

Cheers

Dan

Reaction score
Don't suppose you used to park the red one in an industrial site in Debden occasionally? Used to see a red one there every now and again (must be about 12 years ago now).

Welcome to the club, admittedly the wrong club though :rapture:

This is s15oc for the SXOC you want to head over to sxoc.com for everything s-chassis, here we are only interested in the s15 chassis.

Got any pictures of them? Roof up and down?