What's new

Hi. New member from Melbourne Australia

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@phonzsilvany
Hello. Long time viewer, first time member :)

I originally came from a Skyline background and had owned a 600hp RB25/30 R32 for 5 years. However, I always loved the look of S15's and decided I'd finally buy one after the RB blew it's oil pump on the newly-built motor :(. Stripped the Skyline and sold everything off in parts then with all the money I had I purchased a WK0 Pearl White S15 Spec-R.

Fast forward 6 years later and I still daily the car to work and back every week and odometer is sitting around 393,xxxkms now! Mods-wise, it's now actually more preventative maintenance modifications rather than modifying for just pure horsepower or refining suspension setups etc. But in a nutshell, it's up to its second motor (from out of an auto S15 Spec-R with 93,000kms), fifth gearbox (freshly rebuilt now with new everything and reinforced circlip mod), second diff (KAAZ 2-way with 3:9.1 ratio) and a new rear subframe with new bushes. I've also done heaps of other small goodies over the years including Nismo engine/gearbox mounts, Tomei 256/256 poncams, Trust/GReddy Engine Oil Cooler, custom straight-through exhaust etc and much much more.

After all these years I still absolutely love it! It obviously doesn't make as much power than my old built/forged RB which admittedly was only really good for straight line speed and burnouts. This car however, although much less power as I haven't touched the OEM turbo setup (yet), has completely different dynamics and I can use it in a more versatile fashion, eg. an easy daily driver, weekend mountain runs on some twisty roads, drive to casual track days and back and also the occasional spirited drifting every so often lol.

I'm just about to replace the clutch this weekend - ORC 409DB. Have been wanting one of these for a while now so been patiently waiting for my Exedy to let go, which it now has haha.

Hope you enjoy reading my introduction and looking forward to interacting with you all soon. Cheers