What's new

Forum noob

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,
Iv been rooting round on the forum for at least 2 years now,
have my spec r s15 almost a year now and thought I should actually sign up.

Reaction score
Country
Sorry for the delay guys!
Its been years since I was near a forum and had to set up a new photo bucket for pics etc...
Heres my actual introduction!

My name is Greg,
Im from Roscommon in Ireland.
Im 23 years old and I've had my s15 since january, I've probably put about 2000km on the car since i bought it!

So I had been looking for an S15 as a weekend car for about 6 months, i went all over Ireland to see a few but most had dodgy history or repairs done or very poor spec

Then after months looking this s15 popped up less than 15miles away :dance:

I knew this was the one for me...
It was an original spec-R and i knew the seller who had owned it for 2 years... and whats more i knew the owner before him who lived 15miles the other side of me and he owned it at least 5 years!
:jaw:

The car was originally blue, I actually watched as it was sprayed white by the first owner as i had a car in the same body shop for repair at the same time as it was being painted! then it was sprayed VW tornado red by the last owner.

So anyway I went and viewed the car, there was a leak in the rocker cover gasket, and the throttle position sensor needed adjustment as the car would cut out when the revs dropped too low.
this didn't bother me as there was a gasket included in the sale and I'm well able to use a multimeter. :ghey:
So I bought the car and fixed the idle issues. :car:
Within a week some small issues became apparent. There was a coolant leak from the heater matrix as the floor was very wet, and the rocker cover gasket was for a non vvt SR20!
The second week of ownership brought along some vandalism! Some jealous human picked up a brick and marked the front bumper:frusty:

Got a new rocker gasket, put a sticker over the damage on the bumper and kept the coolant topped up, with a plan to sort all the problems after the NCT (Irish MOT) which was a few weeks away.

On the way to the NCT centre the f**king japspeed manifold sheered completely off! :doh:
Limped the whole way home again and bought a new mani.
When i was taking the old mani off i found the reason it had sheered! the water feed for the turbo was home made by what i can only assume was a blind monkey with a drooling problem and the water return was completely blanked off! :annoyed: The water feed was spraying water on the hot manifold and then down onto the chassis rail and into the cabin through a missing grommet!
bought new braided lines and that solved the wet floor and the new manifold hasn't cracked ( YET)

Then within a day... the VVT sprocket started to knock!
I made arrangements to have a well known mechanic over here look at the car and solve any issues the car had!

MISFIRE!
The car developed a slight intermittent misfire and that was the last straw! i trailered it straight to my mechanic who diagnosed it as headgasket failure :twitch:

the engine was stripped and rebuilt with a fully reconditioned head and a cosworth headgasket.
That brings us more or less up to date.
It has been a rough year but now that i finally have some confidence in the car I'm really starting to love it

The Spec list when i bought the car:

*Plastic aero skirts, spats and a jdm dc2 type R lip.
*18" JR ce28 rep wheels.
*Genuine Bride Brix seat
*Nardi wheel
*Nismo gearknob
*Apexi turbo timer
*Apexi GT spec turbo back exhaust
*Cusco front and rear struts
*HKS induction kit
*Front mount kit
*Japspeed alloy rad
*Toda flywheel + exedy clutch
*Japspeed arms
*Daiyama coilovers
*Japspeed mani
*braided brake lines and clutch line
*Dmax taillights
*Dmax spoiler
*tomei rocker stoppers

What I've added so far between breakdowns:

*Nismo ARBs
*Decat
*stainless downpipe with flexi
*Battery relocation kit.
*HKS evc 6 boost controller
*double din pioneer satnav

Things i have bought but haven't installed yet:

*full set of Defi gauges
*oem wind deflectors
*Apexi PowerFC
* Garrett GT2871R

Things i plan on buying next:

* a set of Work VSXX wheels
* Nismo 555 injectors
*Tomei plug cover
*Genuine aero front bumper
*LSD
*Walbro pump

So hows that for an introduction ? :lol: :wave:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I think Iv been talking to a few of you guys through FB, I've definitely been talking to you pegliobaglio, I recognise the vertex kitted 15 in your profile pic