What's new

New member from Edinburgh. Scotland.

Giop27

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, recently took delivery of my Nissan S15 Spec R Aero.

After owning a crappy old rusty MX-5 for a year while saving up I finally gave Darren from Torque GT a call in June, quickly things moved forward and I put a down payment on a clean stock looking S15 with only 111,000k on the clock. I was apprehensive at first buying a car on the other side of the world with only some pictures to go on but any questions I had were answered quickly and set my mind at ease.

Fast forward to September and I finally received the email I had been waiting on, car was prepped and registered and ready for collection. I flew down from Edinburgh to Bristol and drove from there to Ashburton to stay overnight in a B&B just a mile down the road from Torque GT.

When I arrived at Torque GT in the morning I was over the moon to see the car sitting there, finally the wait was over and I was blown away at the condition of my S15 considering its a 17 year old car it was so clean. After quickly going through the paperwork with Darren he showed us around their compound and some of the cars they have there are simply stunning.

After looking around at some super clean examples of classic 90s Jap cars we set off on our 470 mile trip back to Scotland. I was nervous before picking the car up about driving this far in a car I haven't checked over myself but I was pleasantly surprised at how the car drove the full way back with no issues at all. I drove the full journey with the biggest of smiles on my face which was impressive considering we left at 10am and didn't get into Edinburgh untill 7pm (had to stop at Bristol airport so my mate could drop off the rental car and another couple of stops on the way.)

I got a chance at work to check the car over up on a ramp after a couple weeks of owning it and it's insane how clean it is underneath, considering I work on car's for a living even some 3-4 year old cars show signs of rusting here so I would definitely recommend importing a car if you can afford it.

Here's some pictures anyway just thought I'd give a quick share of my experience.

In Japan pre sale.

Just washed next day after the 470 mile trip

Reaction score
Country
Can't speak of Darren highly enough, top guy! nice car, can't wait to get mine from JM Imports in December/ January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giop27

Reaction score
Country
Nice straight car, great colour (but I'm biased)....just needs the rear spats to complete the Aero kit..
Thanks, do you know where about that still sells them as I do agree it would look better with em?