What's new

mints here!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Sup Guys, :wave:

Im mint from Scotland UK (Up near Aberdoom!!!) Anyways im on here for a bit of research an info etc.

Im a honda owner just now, got me 2 civics. One is an EJ9 (1.4 SOHC) and the other is a EM1 (99 VTi Coop with a b16/b18 - Approx 200bhp)

Anyways im onto my 4th Honda now and thinking on a change, the engine in the coop blew and im away to get it fixed and then thinking on selling up. I was going to go for an EK9 as im just starting to Import cars (First 97 EK9 Should be here mid April)

I was over in Japan last Nov and when i was there i seen an s15 doing some street drifting and i fell in love.. obviously anyone would it looked, sounded amazing. The only problem i have tho is the insurance issues hence why im here.

Iam currently 20 years old, Hold my own licence (2 years now) and have No points / Claims or anything, i was thinking on going for Spec-R when i turn 21. Now my coop is currently Group 16 (Plus engine upgrade) its a fair bit, the EK9 was going to cost me in the region of ?2k fully comp.

Is it realistic to get a Silvia do you think? As tbh iv no had much like with the honda and wanna move on and up (i.e. Turbo, Rear wheels etc) My best bud is same age as me an he's got a Lexus is200 Supercharged (but hes got points an ****) what do you all think...?

Cheers.
P.s. Im the Photographer / Webdesigner / Admin for hondatech.co.uk.
so not a n00b when it comes to the happy revin hondas :thumbs:

Cheers
-Mint

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well i think most of us i mean as in the younger lot who brought there S15 were 23 when we got ours which is pretty young for a S15 dazzoi was young when he got his aswell....
i had never had a rwd or turbo be as i was a civic driver aswell had a EK4 Vti before my S15
its worth giving a compaine a try sky insurance for a qoute

B

baynz

im 21 and im importin my s15 as we speak, and i was a bit worried about insurance, i live in wales, had lisence for about 4yrs now, 3 points, 3 years no claims, and i got a quote for 1,063 fully comp, so its not impossible to get a reasonable quote, still lookin for a cheaper quote tho, so still got a few insursurance companies to ring.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
here's that S15 by the way sorry pics are poor quality :(

I got around 10 vids of the Silvia Drifting but only got one uploaded..

;)

Reaction score
welcome mate! that s15 in japan would make anyone fall in love with them, go for it if you can sort the insurance. Ive owned quite a few jdm cars (sir,gt starlet/glanzas, type-r scooby) and the s15 is by far my favorite ;)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeah i mean its something i wanna do, im keen on learning how to drift and i mean our (as in my mates etc) cars are only but getting bigger / more powerful and i just dont think the honda will be able to keep up in end.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
:wave: hello and welcome... i think :D

Yes ok, i would be gutted to drive through town and see another S15, but it had to happen eventually :rolleyes: :D

I was 23 when i got mine and paid about ?800 i think (for insurance), no points and 3/4 years no claims. Also live in the sticks near Aberdeen, which helps.

Where about you stay?

Reaction score
Hi mint go for it pal had a few honds teg type R and my last was an ek9 just before changed to the S15 totally reccomend it as for ins try admiral and elephant as it was the same money for me on the ek9 as the S15!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Elephant dont have the S15 listed do they? at least they didnt when i tried over a year ago

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Topper, I live in Alford what abouts you!?.. Iv never seen your s15 before looks crazy chief so nice!

Fancy meetin up with me an takin me for a spin ;) lol. Anyways yeah its something im well keen on, iv actually just become a trader on www.ek9.org as their main importer. Does s15oc.com have an importer as such?

But yeah im thinking about drift spec'in the s15 if and when or i get one :S Just want one big time!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Alford :D, i drove the S15 to Alford on Sunday :D in the snow.

Parked next to the coucil place (near co-op) and walked up to Parade (other half wanted a look in) then drove back to Aberdeen followed by a white Astra van, looked nice and clean.

I stay near Kintore :), could easy take you a run if you like, but i'd rather wait till the snow has gone :rolleyes:

As for the Importer, we done have one as such, but we do have our favourites, who get some nice S15's in :nod:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Are you serious!,.. damm i was working sunday!!! gutted.

Kintore??? my cousin lives there aw man we need to meet up i want to see this s15 like now!!!! its a big decider at the mo on the silvia or a yellow ek9..

help :thumbs::down:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
get both ahah u will want both really i had a EK4 before mine i miss the EK4 a lot but love the S15 to bits...
yeh as topper has said we have a few fav importers that we reconmend:thumbs:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
well i got an EM1 just now, well when it was running strong it was like 200bhp (almost) but its died an im no addicted to vtec anymore, i think i want a bigger car but im not sure.

Iv noticed the imports u got but i think if i get one then i will port it over an try save some cash as they are pretty expensive.

As for drifting, can any of you drift? Also what about meetings etc? Events that the club attends...? Also bodykits/aero parts they hard to come by for the silvia..

J

Jordan

Hi and welcome to the site!

Dont bother with sky insurance, i rang them yesterday for a quote and they said they wont insure me till im 23 on an s15. He said to try next month and things MAY change and apparantly they're losing business cos of not insuring under 23's.

Try adrian flux... everyone says they rip u off but i was quoted 1200 fully comp and im 21 (although told them i was 22 which i will be in april) 2yrs NCB and driving 4 years no claims etc..

As for Elephant, they still dont have s15 listed :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Parts, other than mechanical parts that can be used from the S14, i.e. cosmetic, are normally imported, and can be expensive :nod:

The UK section of the club has had one offical meet so far (Silverstone D1), we're a world wide club, the guys in Ireland meet regular, as do our freinds at the opposite side of the world :wave:. We plan to meet up in May, its more of an unoffical meet, more that combined with one of our Members (Jono) getting married.

As for Drifting, those of us who have non stock Diffs drift easilly. I have been to a couple of drift events but would need to change the Helical to somthing else to have more sideways action. However, drifting is not all the S15 is about, the Helical is claimed to be the biggest improvment over the S14 :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi and welcome to the site!

Dont bother with sky insurance, i rang them yesterday for a quote and they said they wont insure me till im 23 on an s15. He said to try next month and things MAY change and apparantly they're losing business cos of not insuring under 23's.

Try adrian flux... everyone says they rip u off but i was quoted 1200 fully comp and im 21 (although told them i was 22 which i will be in april) 2yrs NCB and driving 4 years no claims etc..

As for Elephant, they still dont have s15 listed :D
I used Flux when i 1st got my S15, i was 23. Canged to Sky for the 2nd year, they hammered the Flux renewal :thumbs:

Its a shame Elephant dont list the S15 as they have always been cheaper for me and my Girlf :)

J

Jordan

Insurance is an everchanging thing so really its best to just ring round as many as possible to get the best price!.

Yeah elephant Rule.. i used to be insured on a saxo vtr with them and it was cheap.. also they give u price on virtually anything even if its expensive lol :)