What's new

American Newbie :)

S

superbike81

I don't own an S-15 Silvia (yet). My name is Jason, I'm in the US Air Force, and on my way to Okinawa Japan in June, and I'll be there a minimum of 4 years. I plan on picking up an S-15 Spec-R shortly after I arrive, they are priced very well there, $10k US for a nice stock one.

I'm not much into big horsepower, I'm more into "togue" style racing and autocross/gymkhana, not drift either. So I'll be tuning the car for ultimate response and the flattest power/torque curve I can achieve. The suspension/wheels/tires/chassis will be sorted first, then light engine mods, v-mount intercooler setup, oil cooler, etc, etc. After that I may get a slightly larger turbo, but nothing crazy, 300whp is all I'm asking for right now. Then I'll get into body panels, weight reduction, etc, etc.

I'm sure I'll be picking the brains of the experienced members on this site. I'm very glad I found this site, because I haven't seen a single other S-15 dedicated site, and my American friends don't know anything about them, because we don't have them over there. :rant:

Thanks in advance for the welcome! :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome :wave:

We've one or two Americans on here, usually trying to see if its possible to import an S15. It is, but its very expensive...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and welcome :wave:

best place to be for buying and tuning and S15 is in Japan, i for one am jealous :)

S

superbike81

Wow, this is the first site that I've been welcomed by 3 administrators in a row! :notworthy:

Thanks! I look forward to learning as much as I can from you.

A

ammo_gti

hello and welcome

I was stationed in Okinawa from 98-04 and now living in the UK...shipped a S15 from there to here...be careful what you do on the island now...there is a general order against spectating or participating in non sanctioned racing on the island. Americans have a "Y" on their number plate so the cops know you are american and will notify the base if you are seen anywhere near racing....i have american friends that got out of the military and are still working for the base that sold their cars because of this....

anyhow, i am still jealous of you, wish i was going back there..you'll have a good time...good luck

S

superbike81

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Ammo: I've been reading up alot on that order about no racing and no spectating. I've read over the letter, and it specifically states drifting in the policy. I've been in contact with several Air Force members who participate in gymkhana and drag racing on a regular basis. So from what I've gathered, as long as I'm not seen at a drifting event, I'll be fine. I'm not much into the drift scene anyways, I'm more into grip driving.