What's new

Another Newbie Here!

Reaction score
PM me your email address and i will send over the files related to the options, its all in japanese but you can get the jist of it from the pictures.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
car looks awsome!!! not going to lie im hating you a little bit right now :D

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Awesome spec on that, interior isn't for me but HICAS on a 15 is a rarity. I have it on my PS13

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839
Thanks guys! I'm not 100% on the interior either really. I may replace the wheel with a normal one, and see if the seats grow on me or not!

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839
Slowly :yawn:

Boat is somewhere between Malaysia and Djibouti at the moment. Due in the UK on the 14th of December so I should imagine I MIGHT be able to collect it whilst I'm off work for Christmas.

They don't call it a slow-boat for nothing!

Reaction score
Country
All the extras your S15 has, are listed in a factory S15 options brochure I have. Good to see an S15 with them all fitted.

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839
Hey guys, been a while since I've posted anything but I thought I'd share my updates. I've been fitting up some better brakes for the car as the standard disks were worn out and it didn't really stop too well. Decided to get some Evo 9 Brembo calipers for the front with Brembo pads and Black Diamond discs mounted up with Touge Factory caliper adapters. The rears, I have 300zx twin piston calipers and drum handbrake assemblies. I also have a 300zx BM57 brake master cylinder to make sure the front/rear split works with the larger calipers.

I'll let pics do the talking, have to say massive thanks to my mate Josh for aqua blasting the rear components to clear them up. I split the calipers and replaced all the seals.

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839

Still have the finish reassembling the rear calipers and will get everything back together at the weekend and bled up then take it for a drive!

P.S. If a mod sees this, I think this is in the wrong section so might need moving?

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Love the rare extras. You make refurbishing the calipers look easy

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839
Thanks guys! :thumbs:

I've managed to get the rears fitted over the weekend but I'm having an issue getting them bled up correctly. No air coming out when I bleed (calipers are the right way up :wack: ) but a really spongy pedal still and I have to pump it twice to get the car to brake with any real force. Going to try and mash the pedal a bit to get the ABS to kick in and then bleed it again, failing that I'll have to vacuum bleed it but I need to borrow a vacuum bleeder from a friend to do that. Will have a go in the week.

Just the one iPhone pic this time as I was too busy cracking on to remember to grab the camera!

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839
Quick update on this, I got the abs to kick in a few times and then gave it a thorough bleed again tonight and it's worlds apart from the way it was. Have real confidence in the brakes now and I know I can brake later into a corner. Going to give it a week or so to run about and engage the abs a few more times and then give it another final bleed to be 100% sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@dread839
So it turns out I haven't updated this in nearly two years! Have made a few changes in that time.

I bought a set of HSD Monopro coilovers from Driftworks to lose the monster truck ride height. I didn't want to go too low as I like the car to handle and I have a lot of speed bumps leading to where I live. I think I got a decent height although I may have a little room to go lower.

After that I started to make preparations to get the engine tuned and have little more power. I bought myself a Greddy FMIC from RHDJapan. First time i'd ordered from them and was very impressed with the service. Parts didn't take long to get here considering they came half way around the world!

Around the same time I also found a cheap Garage Defend GT Cooling Panel in carbon fibre for sale, so I snapped that up. It's a little worse for wear but I can re-lacquer it at some point in the future. In this pic you can also see the HKS mushroom that Torque GT sourced for me.

A little while after this, Link had a promotion on their S15Link replacement ECU, so I jumped on this and got Jez at Horsham Developments to source and map the car on the new ecu. Horshams also supplied and fitted an IAT sensor at the same time.

Before I dropped it in for mapping, I decided that changing the exhaust for something a bit more free flowing would be beneficial, so Torque GT sorted me out with a Fujitsubu exhaust and I grabbed a cheapo Japspeed decat pipe.

Car made 301bhp on this setup so I was happy with that.

A little while later I found a set of Advan RGIIs for sale on Facebook, so I grabbed those and chucked them on. I needed a 10mm spacer to clear the front brakes so I installed some Driftworks extended wheel studs and H+R slip on spacers on the fron and a set of 5mm slip on spacers on the rear. Making the fitment; 17x7.5 et 18 front and 17x8.5 et 32 rear.

Then took it to the S15OC meet at the Empire Diner in Essex. Adam Ivell grabbed this pic of the car which I think is my favourite yet.

And that takes us up to now. The car is currently off the road as it needs a wheel bearing to pass the MOT and I'm waiting on that to get here. The snow is kinda stopping it being used anyway. One problem I've always had with the car is that I'm 6ft 2" and having a sunroof really causes issues with actually fitting in the car. I've been trying to find a solution to this and so far the only thing that actually seems to be a solution is bucket seats, which I was trying to avoid but have had to just accept. So this week I took delivery of a pair of these from RHDJapan.

They are Bride Zeta III black glitterback seats, which should look amazing in the car, although will clash with the orange steering wheel and door cars, so i'll need to find replacements for them.

I'm currently waiting on my seat brackets to arrive from the States. I've heard good things about Street Faction Engineering so I've ordered a set of their side mount S-Body rails. I'm hoping they arrive this week so I can get the seats fitted this weekend!

I'm going to try to be better at keeping this up to date and actually getting pics with my proper camera and not the sodding phone all the time, so i'll probably update again in two years!