What's new

New S15 Aero Owner (fresh imported, PIC HEAVY)

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys and girls

I am completely new to the S-Chassis scene, but let me introduce myself at first: My name is Andy, I´m 28 and live in the northern part of Germany.

I am a Supra owner for five years and this was my first car love at the age of six. This is my one owner Euro-spec supra, currently sitting in the garage without engine. The whole engine will be rebuild/restorated without a crazy power increase. I just wanted everything new.

My last daily driver was a Golf V TDI, but my way to work is just about 3 km´s now and I knew, what to do! I always wanted a nice S-Chassis too, so I sold the Golf. At first I wanted an Autech S15, but due to emission regulations in Germany, I need a car from 1999 or 2000. So it was completely senseless to search for an Autech and I went looking after a nice Spec-S.

This one´s a factory Spec-S Aero 5speed, grade 4 C car, so we tried to bid on it and....bought it, YES! Those are the pics of my car at the auctions:

After 3 long months of waiting, the car finally arrived in Bremerhaven, so it was time for a pick-up:

The weather wasn´t the best...It rained cats and dogs....

Waiting for the car.... It was just about 10 minutes but felt like 3 hrs

And finally! There she was <3

She´s got some Tein springs, Work CR Kai´s, HKS Silent Hi Power exhaust and Apexi air filter.

I drove the car 600 km´s home without any problems. Just the clutch is a bit worn, the steering wheel is a bit worn and the wheels are scratched like ****.

Explored the crazy HDD radio. Luckily there´s so many japanese music on it, and some games, too. I will definetly keep this radio in the car.

After reaching my home destination, I gave the car a clean and polish....

....and searched for some things in the interior. And this is what was under the seat:

WTF?!

Looks wayyyyy better. I´m in love <3 The car is exactly how I expected.

At the moment the car is getting prepared for German TÜV, that´s why I removed the headlights. We need to convert them for the right-hand traffic here.

Hope you enjoyed my little introduction and I hope we all have a great time here at the forums.

Reaction score
Country
Haha yeah, the member card is pretty funny

However, the car is registered now. I'll just throw in a bunch of new pics.

I also bought a set of SSR Hasemis as the CR Kais have pretty bad dimensions.

At the moment I'm on the hunt for some really low coilovers, so if anyone has sth. for sale, please let me know. :)

Reaction score
Country
Much has changed since my last post, car sits on Fortune Auto 500 coils now. They´re really, really great and high quality coilovers, I love them. I also have the Hasemis refurbed completely.

That´s how she sits now. Thinking of selling the Hasemis atm.

Reaction score
Country
Really really good. They're 24x adjustable, you can order them with Swift springs which I didn't and you can choose your spring rate. I've chosen 10 kg and 8 kg, which is perfect for me. Can't be happier with those coils.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate! Can´t be happier with this car. More to come in 2017, maybe widen the Hasemis and something for the interior, which is completely stock till now.

Ahh, and t he best: the car will not be my daily car anymore. The condition is too good for using it as a grocery getter! :)

Reaction score
Country
No! :) I just don´t feel comfortable with coils, which are too soft. It isn´t that stiff, i think it´s well balanced even on bad roads, so I´m totally happy :)

Reaction score
Ok, I just asked cause they are a fairly light car, I'm running 8/6 which I find pretty firm but very compliant even on irregular surfaces...

Reaction score
Country
Ahh okay! :) my current setup is stage 5 of 24, so nearly as soft as possible. I also tried as stiff as it goes, for my taste it´s also driveable on normal streets, but in this case it´s unpleasant to drive on bumpy roads.