What's new

Scottish Longtime S-Body Fan

Reaction score
Country
Hey All,

Some of you may have seen my names on various other car forums, including the SXOC. Before you all stone me for being an SXOC guy :p I'm one of the good guys. I used to be a Head Mod and Regional Rep for Scotland for a long time.

Since 2006ish I’ve always loved S-Bodies, I seen my friends S13 200sx and instantly wanted one! 2 years later I ended up buying his one and running it for a while. I enjoyed 1 year of ownership and the bug truly had me. Through some other circumstances I sold it and moved onto an S2000, which I promptly got bored of and quickly moved to a high spec 180sx. This is where my S-body ownership really goes sour. Over 5 years the high spec purchase that should have been the “be all and end all” blew its engine, twice, blew a gearbox once and I had multiple Exhaust Manifold/turbo issues and then in the final year, some injector/fuelling issues. I got burned badly and after getting it running again I sold it on at a great loss to my wallet but not my heart.

Roll on 2 years and I’ve been getting the itch to have another performance car and although I’ve considered E46 M3’s, E39 M5’s, Toyota Chasers, Mazda FD RX7’s my head keeps coming back to an S-Body and the want for a more modern interior and look has brought me here :) I’m still at the early stages of looking but I know what I want Clean Spec-R, with Full Aero kit. I noticed on here Torque GT have a good reputation, does anyone know if they will do private imports for a fee? Does anyone know the fee? Are there any other importers closer to Scotland who the club hold in high regard, I’m aware of JM Imports in Newcastle and it’s an option for me?

Anyway, I’m rambled long enough… here are some pics of my S13’s

RS13 200sx

[/URL]
[/URL]

RPS13 180sx

Cheers,
Willie

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Sam. Thanks for approving my post :)

Looking forward to doing my research on here and finding out if the S15 truly is the car for me...

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Willie mate, JM imports are decent and would do a private import. I've noticed on their FB page they are about to put up a very clean white S15 spec-R with full aero up on the site, worth a chat with Jurgen.

I wouldn't discount buying one that is already in the UK though, at least you can go look at it first..

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I think I would buy a fresh import thats here. Many of my friends are telling me I can buy from Japan myself and save a tonne of cash but your buying blind. I am putting my "Full Retard" high standards hat on to buy this car so going to get a look round in the flesh will help ALOT!

Will see how things go.

Currently waiting on my change of job and getting some cash together but I think I'll be buying around Feb/Mar time by any luck.

Been looking around and seen in the Electronics section some of the guys fitting the 2013 Double Din Juke headunit in the cars. It looks real nice!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
There is a lovely white spec r full aero, with 37k miles forsale. Harry mellor is the guys proper name, he bought it in feb from JM imports. It was at Japfest and was super clean underneath. He wants £11k which is strong money. Prob worth 10-10.5. But amazing mileage and in white with full aero is so rare, even in Japan.
My friend just imported one from Japan, 78k miles, half aero (no bumper or rear spats) it's mega mega clean with no rust. And that cost him £7.8 landed and registered.

Reaction score
I just got this , waiting for the boat to leave Yokohama now

Arrives 3/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
As I've said Matt. I'm not actually planning on buying till next year. Gotta get my ducks in a row.

Reaction score
Country
Welcome aboard mate, your stories similar to mine except I owned a few different s bodies along the way and after 5 years of being sensible decided to get back in a silvia

I've owned cars from both jm-imports ( a mint ps-13) and my new 15 originally came from torque gt and both cars are mint although you will pay a premium

I've had my 15 5 weeks and already spent £2k on it and that's just cosmetic stuff, so I'd say depending on your budget I'd buy one that's already has some mods that you plan on doing already done to it, and save a few quid

getting a clean standard car is great but getting decent power with the usual basic mods exhaust, filter , fmic blah blah is easy a grand+ then it just goes on and on and before you no it you've done £5k on a car that has potential cost you £10k already lol

not trying to tell you how to suck eggs as you no how this modding scene works but search the forums and I'd just buy privately and save the money you'll end up pumping back into it anyway to put your own mark on it

p.s. Be warned parts are much harder to source than you think aswell and comand top money , that's one thing I've learnt in the last few weeks

but get one and you'll love it , good luck with the search and keep us posted