What's new

Hello from Greater Twickenham (Feltham, but shhhh) :)

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Alright chaps,

Recent new s15 owner! Just bought one a couple of weeks back from Vinnie on these boards, car needs a bit of love but it stuck a smile on my face the moment I saw it. I used to own a fair few s13s and 14s but never really imagined I'd be able to an s15 which I first fell in love with when I saw Nicely's all those years ago at a RR event somewhere in Wiltshire or somewhere.

Anyway, sxoc was great to me and as a result I documented as I learned so hoping to benefit from this place in a similar way. Already learnt some good stuff so biggup your bad selves and nice one for hosting his site in the first place.

All the best
Martyn.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Welcome along buddy! Nice motor you got yourself!
I think I have met you before, may be wrong but I believe I bought my oem s15 seats off you a while back?? Welcome to the club dude! Look forward to seeing what you have in store for it

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Yeah man, you did! Ah man, I remember wanting to keep those seats as they were all part of the dream. I got me own now, but the drivers one's a bit tatty! How's you motor running?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thought it was you! Ha ha glad you got one dude I'm really good friends with Vinnie too and know the car is sound. Motor is sweet man about to go in for a massive refresh , widebody, top mount etc etc all good fun ha ha ha the never ending list. What do you have planned for this other than enjoying it obviously

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Sweet! I already have some friends! :D Haha, yeah car's looking good. Got a few rattles, but it's pimp. Just need to sort out the exhaust to make it suitable for my old ears, and get rid of a few rattles. Not gonna go as wild as you, I kind of want it to be sensible but then 9" wide wheels probably isn't the first ideal step for that... or HSD coilovers :wack:

Next steps, replace steering wheel, replace stereo surround, switch clocks for nismo ones (I'm used to kmh now) to match the refreshed look (wheel, gear knob and defi boost gauge etc), walbro and maaaaybe even get a double din stereo from a newer Nissan to keep up the high end OEM look. It's just the wheels and exhaust that give it away, but they look pretty tasty.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yes dude! Have to have a little get together now the weather is cheering up a bit. Ha ha always rattles to find man ! 9" is sensible buddy, I'm going 11.5 ha ha ha car looks sweet man and good choice on coilies too, a lot rate the hsd . Good plans ! Have seen some nice double din set ups used in the 15 , good idea to keep it all looking tidy and oem+

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
They're a little bit hard for the roads I'm using so I'm tempted to drop from 7/5 spring rate to 5/4 but I'll get the arches rolled first as otherwise they just get chewed up unless I throw a load of preload on which I hear can make the car really bouncy. Might be ok on a lower rate spring tho, pretty sure standard springs are preloaded aren't they? Glad you think 9" is sensible ;)

got it any ideas for double dins? I've not seen any yet, but there was one on eBay recently from a Qashqai I think that looked about right. Even had GPS!

Reaction score
It's a nice idea if you can get it to work, the connections would be the biggest concern. I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of it is built in to the loom of the Qashqai so not interchangeable.

Most people have just gone with aftermarket touchscreen gps units, myself included. I had to get one that the face was removable from, after one break in i was getting paranoid every time i left the car anywhere.

Looks a very nice car :)

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Ah, thats good advice man! Yeah, this was the one I was looking at... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Co...r-Note-Cube-Qashqai-25915BH21A-/251864106006?

You're probably right about going aftermarket for simplicity, it's just the whole OEM thing I'm trying for. Aftermarket probably sounds better too, I just don't know what i'd actually use the screen for, except GPS. Plus I'm trying to do it cheap but without it looking too cheap. What did you go for? Does it look decent? Such a shame my car has the JDM sat nav but it doesn't work at all, just beeps at me every now and then. I might even try and ditch the lot and tidy up the dash/replace it. Way down the priority list that!

Cheers for commenting :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I'm sure there is someone on here that has the quashquai screen in his 15. I may be wrong ....defo a good idea to roll the arches before going for a softer rate bud , I run 9 front 10 rear atm is a perfect fit imo the roads are so rubbish now you really need a sorted suspension set up to enjoy these Cars

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
What rate springs you on? I'm only getting the rears rolled - thinks that's all I'll need doing? Roads are a pain, I think the sensible way to go is softer rate with tougher ARBs... remember learning that lesson all those years ago, but got caught up in the hype (and am impulsive - Vinnie knows that one ;))

EDIT - damn, shoulda looked harder. http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/13105-Hi-Just-got-my-s15-tonight?highlight=qashqai I actually like the white interior as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's cool. Would be interested to see some detailed pictures of that, could be a good move. Mine has got dvd player and a load of other functions, but sav Nah and blu tooth are the only functions I really use. Except I have a 32gb sd card with all my music on.

If you go for it make sure you do a thread with pictures and reviews would be a good read.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I honestly can't remember but I bought them so long ago now ha I have RSR isports they have helper springs on the rear and 36 way adjustable so have a quite comfy set up soft rate and thicker arb is defo the way to go. Yeah man that's the car! I love white interior , think it looks really classy.. that's why I painted mine ️pink ha ha ha

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Hahaha wel funny :) yeah only thing with that stereo is no RCA outs. But I'm super tempted. I might look at aftermarket options and give it some good consideration first.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, its a toss up between the OEM look/ease of use and putting up with (probably) worse sound quality, poorer GPS and no possibility to expand or just getting an aftermarket double din... I would probably prefer the latter, but I haven't found any stereos that look good/usable yet for the money. I know it's weird but I really don't like overcomplicated anything - however, I *do* want DAB, USB, Aux connections and RCA outs in case I want a small sub.

Does anyone know if there are such things as 6" sub drivers that could go in the rear parcel shelf? Might heave to do a search and see what options are avail...

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
That's a neat install you've done. Does the sound get through well? Is it worth having a sub in a car with a loud exhaust? I think I want to sound proof the crap out of my car, keep a spare (just incase) and have some decent punchy speakers that reach low enough that I'm not missing out on too much. I would get one of those space saver pioneer subs, but don't imagine it'll get through the parcel shelf much and a large sub I just imagine leading to rattles!

having done it, what do you reckon?