What's new

Looking for an S15

C

connel951

Hi guys.

I am looking at buying a Spec R S15. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an insight of what they're like to drive daily, running costs, and I'll have about 5K spare for Modifications. What are the recommended more etc.

Thanks in advance :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
My suggestion would be to have a look through the useful threads. There is a lot of good info in there related to what you are asking.

Welcome. :)

Reaction score
Country
Welcome too the club

There fun too drive and running costs are not bad. All depends what you want too do with the car, simple mods will improve her and there's still so much too buy for them.:nod:

have a look on the ' members rides' and you get a better idea on what people have done with them:p

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hi and welcome! What's your name and where do you come from?

They are the perfect every day car! Just don't over modify and look after them!

Reaction score
Country
Welcome!!

Coming from an ep3 I think the running costs are decent. Probably better if you keep off boost ;)
I also use mine everyday for work, it's great! Hero daily :D

Reaction score
Country
Also used mine as a daily for a year and it was superb. I was doing a 600 mile trip every other weekend and the petrol consumption was fairly good to be honest! Great cars

Welcome by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

connel951

Thanks guys. I'll be coming from a Corsa VXR Clubsport. Which to be fair I've had from new (Sept 14) but it has failed me and I don't want it anymore. I'm looking at making a move come April/May. Insurance seems good. Again running costs aren't too much of an issue as with car like that you don't buy it for the mpg etc. What do your guys 15s look like then?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Welcome mate.. You'd be best checking out the sale section on here, as most are well looked after with loads of history by checking the Members Rides section as most guys put ongoing updates so will give you a good idea on whats gone into the car.

Also if it was me I'd look at getting one with some decent mods already as you will save for cash that way. You can always take off what you don't like and sell on..