What's new

New Owner Of a Spec R Aero (Automatic Transmission)

Reaction score
Country
Hello everybody,

I am a new owner of Silvia S15 Spec R Aero (Auto Trans) from Sabah, Malaysia.

Bought the car 2 weeks ago at 11,000KM

Hope to learn more about this car.

Regards,
Steve

S

saktos

Hi Steve!

At 11,000KMs? For real?

Definitely go manual, although some people prefer auto over manual for 'faster' shifting among other reasons..

Reaction score
Country
Hi Steve,

If you change it to a Manual,

I have heard you need to get an ECU (oem S15) for a Manual drive other wise you will have all sorts of reving problems! apparently it will naturally try to hold to around 1500 revs while in idle and stick in other revs limits when you do gear changes. main reason being it still believes the car is a auto.

11K so jealous, bet thats lovely :)

Reaction score
Country
Hi Steve,

If you change it to a Manual,

I have heard you need to get an ECU (oem S15) for a Manual drive other wise you will have all sorts of reving problems! apparently it will naturally try to hold to around 1500 revs while in idle and stick in other revs limits when you do gear changes. main reason being it still believes the car is a auto.

11K so jealous, bet thats lovely :)
What "sort of revving problems" are you on about - a few years ago we used an auto ECU in a manual S15 for 6 months with no issues at all. The idle was no higher than normal and gear shifts were without issue.

Reaction score
Country
What "sort of revving problems" are you on about - a few years ago we used an auto ECU in a manual S15 for 6 months with no issues at all. The idle was no higher than normal and gear shifts were without issue.
Hi, I must be wrong, i apologies.

I had watched a 180 auto to manual on youtube, and this was the problem that they encountered, as the ECU was from an automatic, it did not acknowledge the manual change. ill find the title of the vid so you can see it.

Should not delve in to a subject over my head!!!!

I think it was this particular episode, could be the next one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-u5_6iRL8