What's new

New member & future owner from Staffordshire!

Reaction score
Country
Hi all,

Thought I would introduce myself as a lover and future owner of the S15 Silvia.

I'm based in Staffordshire and enjoy my car shows so hopefully will meet some of you in the future. I also already have a good friend who is a member on here already so will undoubtedly convoy to some events with him :cool:

Currently Darren @ Torque-GT is on the look out for my perfect car and as soon as we find the one we can start the process of getting it to the UK. It will become my second car used for track days, shows, Santapod and spirited drives - I can't wait. I've asked for either blue, yellow or red as I love all three colours.

I have a newbie question though.. is there only one colour blue S15 Silvia's came in? Some seem to look darker than others but it may be the light on the pictures.

Rich

Reaction score
Country
Hi fella,

Welcome to the site. Just a heads up I am currently getting an S15 from Japan with www.jm-imports.co.uk who seem a little bit nearer to you than Torque-GT. I didn't have a great time trying to deal with Torque as my budget wasn't massive and I wasn't looking for a Spec-R but hopefully you won't suffer the same. I've found JM to be really good, honest and they work hard and really do the best to save you money/work to your budget and requirements. So just a heads up if you struggle to find what you need from Torque. JM are situated in Cramlington NE23 8AD. Hope the search goes well! I'm buzzing for mine to arrive.

Reaction score
Country
Hi fella,

Welcome to the site. Just a heads up I am currently getting an S15 from Japan with www.jm-imports.co.uk who seem a little bit nearer to you than Torque-GT. I didn't have a great time trying to deal with Torque as my budget wasn't massive and I wasn't looking for a Spec-R but hopefully you won't suffer the same. I've found JM to be really good, honest and they work hard and really do the best to save you money/work to your budget and requirements. So just a heads up if you struggle to find what you need from Torque. JM are situated in Cramlington NE23 8AD. Hope the search goes well! I'm buzzing for mine to arrive.

Thanks for the heads up. It was a toss-up between Torque-GT and Jurgen at JM-Imports for me also but having spoke with both I settled on TGT as they've imported so many S15's previously. We actually found a potential car this evening but I decided against it as it needed a few bits and pieces and I just didn't get the right feel for it.

Reaction score
Country
I'm from stoke and I've got TGT on the case too mate.... Been 3 months waiting for me I'm after blue with factory aero but I'm starting get frustrated now I struggling to figure out why they haven't found one yet.

They sent me that yellow one today too... Looked really clean I just can't see myself driving a yellow car

Leo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

Rich & Leo I also have Torque on the look out for me also however I'm after a White Type R Aero with low miles on an 02 plate so you can imagine there are not many out there and when one comes around it'l be pricey.

Leo I have been browsing the Auctions every day searching for "the one" for me and I havent come across any decent Blue Aero Spec's . There has been a couple but they have been graded low with heavy miles.. as well as other nasty looking extra's.
So this is why Darren wouldn't have shown you as he will only put forward good examples.

I've been waiting 3 months now as well.. it's not easy!

Reaction score
Country
I'm from stoke and I've got TGT on the case too mate.... Been 3 months waiting for me I'm after blue with factory aero but I'm starting get frustrated now I struggling to figure out why they haven't found one yet.

They sent me that yellow one today too... Looked really clean I just can't see myself driving a yellow car

Leo

I'm also on the look out for a blue one with factory aero :D, although yellow and red are my first two choices. I was tempted by the blue aero up for auction tonight with the Volk wheels but it needed some work and whilst I'm not adverse to getting cosmetic bits done it just wasn't the car for me. It was also a grade 3.5 when ideally I want a grade 4 or maybe push the budget for a grade 4.5 car.

Hi guys,

Rich & Leo I also have Torque on the look out for me also however I'm after a White Type R Aero with low miles on an 02 plate so you can imagine there are not many out there and when one comes around it'l be pricey.

Leo I have been browsing the Auctions every day searching for "the one" for me and I havent come across any decent Blue Aero Spec's . There has been a couple but they have been graded low with heavy miles.. as well as other nasty looking extra's.
So this is why Darren wouldn't have shown you as he will only put forward good examples.

I've been waiting 3 months now as well.. it's not easy!
Are you bidding on the white one with all the Nismo bits by any chance? I was very, very tempted to blow the budget but it transpires they're already bidding on it for a customer. It looks beautiful.

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Yes, that'l be me.

However the problem being.. as you say, it's lovely and will attract a lot of attention of other bidders.

It's my first bid and it's exactly to the spec I've been looking for so fingers crossed!

What sort of 15 are you in the market for?

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Woops!

Just read the above..

There's a nice Yellow Aero.. it's mint! And super low miles.. the interior looks like it's never been sat in.. hence the "A" grade.

Reaction score
Country
I'm also on the look out for a blue one with factory aero :D, although yellow and red are my first two choices. I was tempted by the blue aero up for auction tonight with the Volk wheels but it needed some work and whilst I'm not adverse to getting cosmetic bits done it just wasn't the car for me. It was also a grade 3.5 when ideally I want a grade 4 or maybe push the budget for a grade 4.5 car.

Are you bidding on the white one with all the Nismo bits by any chance? I was very, very tempted to blow the budget but it transpires they're already bidding on it for a customer. It looks beautiful.
Wasn't even told about the blue aero with volks.... What was the mileage on it?

Reaction score
Country
Yes, that'l be me.

However the problem being.. as you say, it's lovely and will attract a lot of attention of other bidders.

It's my first bid and it's exactly to the spec I've been looking for so fingers crossed!

What sort of 15 are you in the market for?
When does the auction end? I bet you're anxious!

The yellow one is amazing but it's going to be serious money with so few miles!

Reaction score
Country
Wasn't even told about the blue aero with volks.... What was the mileage on it?

http://torque-gt.ajes.com/aj-9oggfLQzRev3Sm.htm

The mileage is circa 71K miles, grade 3.5 and needs a few bits to get it up to par (the bonnet is just a wrap btw). You may not of been told about it if you're after a mint example to be honest, I'm pretty open to buying something needing some cosmetic bits which is why it came my way.

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
When does the auction end? I bet you're anxious!

The yellow one is amazing but it's going to be serious money with so few miles!
It will be big money, but you really get what you pay for.

If I were you I'd hold out for a Red Aero spec, they are amazing.

A little anxious, but if it sells for more than my maximum bid I won't be bothered as I've set it to my max on what I can justify spending on a Datsun :D

Reaction score
Country
It will be big money, but you really get what you pay for.

If I were you I'd hold out for a Red Aero spec, they are amazing.

A little anxious, but if it sells for more than my maximum bid I won't be bothered as I've set it to my max on what I can justify spending on a Datsun :D
I agree entirely, however my car will be used for the odd track day, Santapod trip and weekend hoon so I'm just after a good condition car I can enjoy myself in on the weekends that still won't look out of place at a car show/event.

Your last sentence hit the nail on the head :D

There is actually a red aero up for sale from a dealer in Japan.

Last edited: