What's new

Driftworks S15

D

Driftworks

Hi all :).. I thought it was about time I said hello :thumbs:

We've finally made some progress with the chassis prep on our S15 that's being built to replace my 2006 championship winning S14.. It's still in the 'removing bit's' stage, but the real fabrication has now started..

I'm sure the purists here will be a little upset by these photographs and probably the choice of engine to. But whatever is said. It's still an S15 Spec R. just with a difference :D

The recipe goes something like this:

1 x Spec R S15
1 x 2JZ GTE 3.0 Supra engine, with a GT35, running minimun 590bhp, and using the 6 speed Getrag gearbox. All of this will be pushed back through the bulkhead 8 inches to get some balance back with the longer and heavier 3 litre lump..

Now it should be quite easy to see how much work we have ahead of us, let's get on with the first batch of photo's, and everyone can then cross their fingers for me that we get this done before the first round on April 7th.

A seriously scary hole in my mint S15

Some thought, then some measuring, then some welding and bashing :D

Doing what he does best

Julian using himself to mock up the weight of the new gearbox :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello Mr Morrison, and welcome :wave:

Liking the choice of engine, they sound soooo gooood. keep us updated as i for one am interested to see this come together :thumbs:

P

PhilV

hi and welcome, wow sounds cool, love the look of the S14 u guys have so looking forward to seeing this porject develop!

S

S15_silvia_

hello and welcome!!!

wow...u got some balls...lol

will be savage when done!!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hi buddy its good to see you up here now ...that looks scarey with that hole in ya car...
i thought it was gonna be a GTR engine but my god supra engine aswell....
good luck with all this will this be road legal at all??
:wave:

Reaction score
looks like its going to be fun! Quite a huge undertaking by the looks of things and the supra engine is a bit of a surprise

D

Driftworks

Hi everyone :wave:

will this be road legal at all??
:wave:
Not even slightly :D. Although the road legality of the S14 more recently was a little stretched :p. She'll be trailered everywhere, and we'll maybe look at doing something stupid once the SVA rule doesn't apply (2009)

S

stevec

dunno what the others think but I reckon that engine/chassis combination makes perfect sense.

if you were on an unlimited budget it would have been nice to see an RB26/28/30 in there but pound for power the toyota lump is a great choice.

this is going to be special when it is done, good luck with the timeframes :thumbs:

/Steve

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
Welcome Mate :thumbs:

Was reading about this on Driftworks the other day and it looks n' sounds very impressive :eek: :eek:

Keep us informed with this one dude :thumbs:

Cheers

J.

M

MazzyMan

Hey Driftworks!

Seen your ride in some mag before! Cool stuff!

Good to find another one crazy into drifting! :thumbs:

P

PhilV

anything new yet? im quite excited about this car even though ill never see it in the flesh but w00t lol sounds like such a good project!

D

Driftworks

We have a little progress in the workshop at Garage D :)

Excuse the filthy engine and gearbox, it's there for the mockup. once everything fabricated, it's coming out for a little work :)

The engine mounts wern't with the engine, and would have been around 14 inches off fitting to the S15 crossmember, so the guys had a little play with some of the equipment they have on hand.

Everything is still supported by jacks and frame work, but the final measurements have been taken, and only a little work remains to get this little lot mounted correctly.

D

Driftworks

I'm having a little play with where the turbo is going to sit. If we've got to make a manifold from scratch we're looking at doing something a little interesting. The main focus being clearing the exhaust into the other side of the engine bay so it doesn't have to dodge the steering rack and more importantly my fat feet.

We got a crappy old seat in there to take measurements of how the framework around the gearbox will effect my driving position. Long and short of it is that it won't at all :). The only sacrafice we have to make is the clutch rest, which is'nt to much of a problem in a car that it's quite unlikely I'll commute in :wack: