What's new

Nissan Silvia S15 from Okinawa Japan

R

RyuCrewBlue15

Hey S15oc,

My name is Stephen and I live in Okinawa, Japan. I have been a long time lurker so I finally decided to join the masses and create an account. I am originally from America, but I moved to Okinawa when I was three, and I've been here ever since. For those of you who do not know, Okinawa is a small little island south of Mainland Japan, it is not very big, and neither is the car scene really, but we make do as much as we can. Going back until around 2010ish the car scene/drift scene used to be super big; typical "Tokyo Drift" **** everywhere, only better and not as ricey. However, after the local tracks shut down, the drift scene is slowly fading away, but me and a few friends try to keep it alive as much as we possibly can. It is terrible to have all these nice, cheap cars living in Japan, but not have an actual place to drive them with out having to deal with the police every so often.

I bought my S15 around September 2011. It is SR20DE stock 5 speed, came with an aero kit, some homey-chromey wheels, HKS headers, 5zigen cat back, Splitfire spark plug wires.

Here's how it looked after I purchased it:

Since then, it's been my daily beater.

This is how my car looks three years later...

Parts list includes:

SR20DE
5 Speed
Mine's NA ECU
Splitfire Spark plug wires
Cone filter
Torque dampener
RSR headers
Custom solid short shifter
GKTech stiffened tranny springs
JDM blue didlo shift knob
KAAZ 2 way LSD
4.1 final gear
5 bolt half shafts and axles
Full cat back straight pipe duel fence pipe tip
ECV
KTS fully adjustable coilovers
Japspeed Tension rods
Cusco tension rod brace
Tickened sway bars
Rear strut tower bar
Subframe collars
R32 GTST 4/2 calipers
R32 rear drum e-brake
Hawk HP brake pads
DIF braided steel brake lines
S14 brake master cylinder/booster
ABS delete
fully stripped interior
unnamed full bucket driver's seat
Schroth 3 point harness
Custom blue LED cluster
D1 Spec semi deep dish steering wheel
In dash Blue Defi-link meter gauges
Kenwood head unit
6.5' PowerBase speakers
4 point roll cage
Stock bumpers
Ganador style aero mirrors w/blinkers
Yashoi LED tail lights
18x9.5 +15 MB Battles

I have not done too much to the car power wise, but I am more focused on weight reduction and suspension so I can get the most out of tiny NA engine. With the Mine's ECU I get advanced timing and higher revs which works well enough for what I do. But still can't help but want more.....

RB25DET series 2
Stock internals
HKS 264 cams
Adjustable cam gears
LSX coilpacks
ARP head bolts
Stock intake with TB welded to front of plenum
Nismo coppermix clutch
Garrett T04E
Apexi PowerFC
GTR fuel pump
Manual boost controller
External oil cooler
Front mount intercooler
custom 2 peice intercooler piping
and probably more that I am forgetting at the moment

My intention is to put that RB25 setup into my S15. This setup originally came out of my friends S14, but it was unregistered and collecting rust, so why not put it in a registered car? So far I have rebuilt the engine and spliced up the wiring, I am currently waiting on a new exhaust manifold, so I can finish up engine build, but after that it should not be long before the engine is in. I will use this thread as a build thread to track my progress.

Other than that, I look forward to being a part of the forums and I hope you'll accept me!