What's new

New S15 Spec S Owner Big plans!

Reaction score
Country
Hey everyone.

I just recently got my hands on my "unrealistic" dream car that I have wanted since i was young. The reason it was "unrealistic" is because im in the USA. I have owned many S13s and S14s, most of which i swapped redtops and blacktops into. I also have a thousand WHP evo 8 that has taken all my time and money. I picked up my 99 Pewter Gray Spec S and plan to build it like i do all my other cars. I might stick with the SR20DET blacktop because i know the platform well, but i may branch out and head towards the RB world. Like my other cars, i will be starting with suspension, and supporting mods before throwing the engine and tuning.

Im sure i will be annoying a bunch of you with newbie questions, because there isnt much knowledge or experience with S15s here in the states. So i thank you all in advance!!

Reaction score
Country
That looks awesome! I may just have to look into that a little more! thanks for the heads up!! First i have to figure out what I want to do first. I will be putting up a build thread soon. If anyone has any suggestions for Coilovers for Drift/street it would be greatly appreciated!

Ill be doing Coilovers, wheels, Tint, Taillights, emblems and get the outside looking CLEAN. Then i will start working on engine and Interior! Cant wait to get started.

My Evo is taking most of my time right now getting ready for a race event next weekend. So after that i should have more time!

Reaction score
Country
Welcome buddy, heard a lot about how much of a nightmare it is to get an S15 in the US, so good work, you must be super happy. Best looking jap car you can buy, enjoy!

D

Dom_USED4

Welcome along, how did you managend to bring the S15 across U.S. borders ? As Parky mentioned, It must be a freaking nightmare to get these cars over there.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks everyone! I agree. I have loved the S15 for so long, but i cant take much credit for the work to get it over here. A friend of a friend was importing it for someone else, and they bailed. So, when i heard about it, i jumped on and got him to finish it up! Very little work on my part. Between my Evo VIII and the S15, I think i have the two best jap cars out there!

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Welcome and fairplay for managed to get it legal in the US :thumbs: If you have owned many S13's and S14's, you won't have a single problem with the S15. Its identical in every way (bar the odd bit here and there and the obvious cosmetic side of it)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
SR20VET? Most of the parts I have had to get have been from the states, i.e. Mazworx or Gspec.

Reaction score
Country
As above the sr20vet is a great combo, I'd guess it would be even better with a stroker bottom end. Saying that you have plenty of LS v8's in the states which as you'll know can produce decent power with a soundtrack to match.

The s15 is essentially an s14 in a pretty dress so if you know your way around an s14 you'll be able to figure out 99% of the issues.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for all the info guys! Will post pics soon of the "before" and will most likely create a build thread for you guys!