What's new

New to the Forum, Hello!

T

TLSpeed

Hi everyone, brand new to the forum and figured my first step would be to say hi!

I'm from Canada and I just bought a JDM S15 Spec R, which I haven't even seen yet. Definitely not new to Nissan's, I have also owned an R33 GTST and a 370Z track, as well as helped build and race an S13 SR20 swap and an R33 GTR.

I worked part time as a racing instructor at a local track and look forward to extracting some lapping potential out of my S15 once it gets here. I have some questions about tire sizing but I will hold off, as the intro thread likely isn't the best place. The one I bought is in desperate need of tires, however. I'll share a few pictures of the car I've bought, along with its 16" Work wheels, and badly damaged tire.

Look forward to chatting with a few of you, and learning as I go!

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
T

TLSpeed

Thanks guys. And thanks for the info bjohnson, I didn't even know that spoiler was a factory option. Nismo, hey? I was under the impression the only options were Aero, or wingless. I guess I am definitely still learning, appreciate the info. Does anyone off hand know of a problem running 225's on 16" wheels on the S15? Ordering new tires today for it as clearly they are shot. I'm thinking I'll replace the 205/55 with 225/50's. I can't really see a problem, but I also don't have any experience with S15's. Assuming I'll be fine? Little hard to judge without seeing the car yet. Anyone have any insight?