What's new

Failte from Ireland (Waterford)

Reaction score
Country
Hi Every One!

I'm an 38 years old "mechanic", running a small tyre shop but doing almost any jobs on cars, especially on our cars.
I'm originally hungarian but living in Ireland, Waterford, so forgive me for my english, try to do my best. I've owned lots of different cars including lots communist cars too.
Lately I got my hand on a 2000 subaru B4 2.5 twint. but she was way too thirsty (for every day driving) and too sticky (to messing with), so moved on.
Actually I never really think about buying one s15, but always love the look of them, so couple of months ago I went to have a look on one and...
I could not resist and bought her as it was love for first shot and wasn't a bad deal either.
Unfortunately she is a non turbo spec s, but so far I don't mind. Got with apexi sport cone, a bit slammed on unknown 17" alloys front 215/45, rear 235/40. Since that she got a nice 2din alpine radio.
In a month time the mid exhaust silencer blown and the rest was creepy too, so ordered a full 3" straight through mongoose system:annoyed:. The downpipe was not compatible with this non turbo and also it was too loud for me. Find a guy who build custom exhaust and got really similar but silenced high flow backbox, now sounds nice, but I have for sitting a downpipe and a backbox if anyone interested.
There were several paint defections I wanted to get rid of, inc the front bumper and since the fogs were missing too ordered some kiwi lights and installed. So far that's it, I hope you like it.
In the future first have to renew the suspension since the right rear shock is gone and the rest is stock and 15 years old. I'm thinking about that pro handling kit from driftworks if them any good, but now first I asking everyones advise who have experience.
I also have another project a 1998 jdm suzuki wagon r wide. Don't lough, she is 1.0 turbo petrol automatic 4x4. Not fast but adorable back up.
Finally I try to upload some pics, last time just deleted everything I sweat here before. I really like here everything picks, helps, how you care your loved ones.
Thanks for your attention and cheers for everyone!
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Original mats are there, just drying:cool:.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

And the little one
[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Welcome along man, what part of waterford? I'm from Cork myself but staying in Waterford for 5 months doing a Fas course! Also I have a Spec S too and bought a full Driftworks suspension package. Definitely worth the money if your planning on putting a turbo in it :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
I am also in Waterford, living in tramore. i have a pearl white spec s which i converted to spec r. only finished it this week and putting it back on the road now.

welcome along pal

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Really! There is a lot more S15's around than I thought. We have to get a gang together when you have the car on the road. I'm saving at the moment to turbo my own so will have a few questions haha.

Reaction score
Country
Welcome! I have a Spec s in wexford, Am in waterford fairly often!
Awesome wagon r mate! Would love one as a cheap run around!

Reaction score
Country
Thanks, but dont think thats cheap(except tax/insurance), fuel wise about the same as the silvia. She's 1.0 turbo petrol, automatic, four wheel drive so...