What's new

New Spec R owner

Reaction score
Country
Hi there!

Brand new Spec-R owner here, just popping in to say hi. Picked up the car on the 21st (January) from Wales, drove it all the way back to Scotland and am now a total fanboy and over the moon with the purchase.

Picked up a fresh import pretty much stock from down in Swansea, Blue with Volk GT-N Rays alloys.

(Album)

Car is an absolute blast to drive. It's been fitted with TIEN coilovers (not my first choice but hey ho), BLITZ intercooler & a aftermarket exhaust (unsure on make yet, haven't had a chance to get rummaging yet) other than that it's completely stock. This is my first JDM car, I didn't think I was that in to JDM cars until this one popped up, the second I read the ad I was hooked, my knowledge is completely limited when it comes to these cars so expect to see me asking silly questions quite a lot around here :)

Bit about me I guess, I'm a total car enthusiast, being raised on fast cars and fast driving since birth (Thanks dad). I'm a Video Games Designer (Following in the footsteps of my old man) by profession and have been for a good few years now. I'm also a massive track enthusiast. The S15 is planned as my daily driver whilst I retain my E46 M3 as my track car, I may be tempted to take the S15 on the track after discovering how bloody great it handles. We'll just have to wait and see.

Not really planning on modifying the car too much, probably just small things here and there, big fan of the stock look on these cars but we will see, I like to say these things but then I tend to stumble across something and go "Ooooooooh that'll be nice!" and ££££ later.

So yeah.

Hello! :)

Side note: Wtf does the switch with the blue LED on the right hand side of dash do? Anyone know?

Reaction score
Country
Welcome! :wave: Lovely looking car man, blue is the best colour! ;) Have to agree with you on stock look too!

John-

Reaction score
Country
Nice car! I'd say that switch was probably a rear fogs as they don't come with one as standard and have to be wired in to pass an MOT.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys! :) Do the Scottish guys meet up much or..? :)

@John you are indeed correct, however I discovered they appear to have mangled my reverse light in the process :( So it'll be rewiring time this weekend. Thanks by the way :)

I was nervous about pressing the button whilst doing 80 on the M6 :p

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Welcome.. nice and clean, looks like a vertex kit and aero spoilor combo, looks good :)

I'd vote for fog light as well, blue neon doesn't sound OEM so would be a make shift fog light switch I reckon..

Reaction score
Country
Nice S15 mate, looks like you got a good one there, I absolutely love my S15 and have always been a big fan of imports since I first watched The fast and furious back when I was 11 years old.

By the way, I also am currently studying 3D Design & animation at Bournemouth uni and have been doing so for the last 5 years including a Computer aided 2d and 3d design course and am looking to get into the games design industry. Would you happen to have any tips on how to go about doing so?

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys! :)

Thanks for all the lovely comments.

@ John & S15AK - You are both correct, after much puzzling I finally worked it out, unfortunately they rewired the reverse light in the same process it seems so now I have no reverse lights. Fun. Also thanks for the heads up about the bodykit, I had no idea! I was a bit suspicious given that one of the panels is a bit out of alignment but that explains that now.

@Nissan_S15 Hello mate! Thanks :) As for tips... Really best bet for a 3d or 2d artist would be to either A: Start modding (Surprisingly useful for a portfolio & familiarizing yourself with industry standard engines) and B: Start Creating. Doesn't specifically have to be anything, best advice I could give would be to put yourself in a position where you imagine you are making a game for someone and they need X created, so make some X. Try to make sure it is relevant to standard games and not something too outlandish, also try to work on optimizing your work, any artist can make a model using 3 quadrillion tri's, it takes a great artist to make something that looks good and is efficient. Gun's are always good, you could also go with cars as it is something you are familiar with. In regards to modding, find a game you enjoy playing (Skyrim is a good example) that is moddable, then work out something you want to make for it, make some stuff and share it using the various sites (www.skyrimnexus.com) for example. As long as you are building a portfolio of good work that demonstrates you are creative & effective then you can land a great job. Artists are always needed. Best of luck! :)

Reaction score
Country
The blue light switch on the right hand side will probably be your rear fog lights, the exact same thing is installed in mine.

I did Creative Digital Media / Games Design at University but ended up going another route as I honestly didn't enjoy it much (I hated 3DS Max for a start).

Nice S15, if you're using it as a daily keep an eye out for rust (mine started on the rear arches after about 6 months but managing to keep it under control so far), make sure it's undersealed and make sure you get an alarm sorted if you haven't already since the JDM S15 security is a bit...lacking.

C

Chpe

Hello i am new here i came from switzerland. I buy s s15 spec r but i have problems to drive my car here legality. the people here are not so pelased of my car :) the did my rear wing are not originale. Stupit now i must prove them people from approval place. Taht is the original rearwing from a spec r. can any buddy help me for this problem. have any buddy the nissan fast exe or bin. file?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english Thomas