What's new

Hi everyone

Reaction score
Country
Hello everybody
My name is Nath and im from the West Midlands
I currently own a Vauxhall Astra Sri Turbo however im planning to buy an S15 sometime next year as ive admired them for a while now and all of my mates have jap cars too :D
Im wondering if there are any specific problems that the SR20DET has and the chassis :)
Ive been told that they can suffer from the VVT rattle but is this common and can it be treated/cured?
Any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks very much
Nath

Reaction score
Country
Hi Nath

Don't think VVT rattle will effect the performance but makes the car sound like a diesel/tractor :)
Replacing the VTC Solenoid is the cheaper option and if that doesn't fix it the sprocket is around £300.
Some people ditch the VVT but the down side is you lose mid range torque...I may be wrong lol

Reaction score
Country
VCT rattle is a small easy fix issue, nothing to worry about.
SR's have a huge fan base world wide.
Get into RWD and experience the feeling to being pushed around corners

Hi Nath

Don't think VVT rattle will effect the performance but makes the car sound like a diesel/tractor :)
Replacing the VTC Solenoid is the cheaper option and if that doesn't fix it the sprocket is around £300.
Some people ditch the VVT but the down side is you lose mid range torque...I may be wrong lol
Only remove the factory cam gears when using very large profile cam to ensure that your VCT does not adjust to duration that makes the valve smash into the piston. If you use a stock or slightly longer then stock cam and remove the VCT you will lose heaps of low and mid range power.