What's new

New German S15 Owner

Reaction score
Country
Hello,
my name is Andreas and im living in Germany. :wave:
I own a '99 S15 Spec S since january this year.
It still needs alot of work to get its pride back it had back in the days since the previous owner wasnt really taking care of it.
Hopefully i can fix her up again and enjoy this S15 a long time, so far its been a pleasure to drive around with it though.

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
put some pics up mate, and what you would like to do to it. .... RB26 :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
@ meddler
Thanks, glad i found this community. :wave:

@ spoonman

I will upload some pics right away.
Its unbelieveable how photogenic a S15 is, I mean you can see many imperfections in person but on photos it looks almost flawless everytime.

What i like to do to it?
I will keep it simple and let it as much OEM as possible.
In some areas I also planned to downgrade like from Apexi Power Intake back to OEM Airbox
(I even thought about changing my Work Emotion CR Kai back to standard S15 16" wheels for the sake of ride comfort).
I just want to get her back in good condition and drive her as long as possible.
Also planning to use the S15 as a daily in summer and im pretty happy with the specs except for the condition of the body.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Don't change the wheels just change the tyre size to one larger profile. Speedo will be out very slightly but won't matter.

And welcome, not many German owners on here.

Reaction score
Country
someone who wants to keep the S15 stock, you are a first mate, if you are going to put a stock filter box in at least get a K&N panel filter to keep some sort of nice induction noise, and year leave those wheels on there stock ones look stupid as they are 16" or for a spec s 15".

Being that you are in germany, go do a few laps of the ring and see if you still want to keep it stock......

Reaction score
Country
@als_jordan

Thanks. :)

@S15_SAM

Your right, maybe i should give it a shot before im going to buy new alloys the next time when my tires are worn out. :nod:
S15 are still pretty rare over here in germany compared to other imports.

@spoonman
I always thought that the S15 is a perfect looking car and thus dont need any aftermarket bodykits (except the Aero-Kit by Nissan:smitten:).
But thats just a personal opinion there are still some neat aftermarket kits on the market.

Its planned to drive atleast 1 round on the Nurburgring with the S15,
but that day is still far away as i need to get used to the car first and now how it handles in certain situations before i will take it to the track.
I never worried about the power of the n/a SR20 (well on the Autobahn i would prefer to have a 6th gear) but maybe it will change as soon as im driving with it on the Nurburgring Northloop. :D

Reaction score
Country
for a car of that power, it will mostly be 3rd & 4th, unless you have full use of the long straight

Reaction score
very good looking s15...Hope you enjoy every minute of her when you get to drive her.
:nod:

Reaction score
Country
@Auss15
Thanks, thats exactly what I was thinking when i bought her.

@spoonman
Did you raced before on the Nurburgring?
I've never been to a race track before (driving), so im a totally newb when it comes to driving on a track.

@- Oh -
Thanks.
I do enjoy her when im driving, i only wish that my fuel would last forever. :D

Reaction score
Country
Its planned to drive atleast 1 round on the Nurburgring with the S15,
but that day is still far away as i need to get used to the car first and now how it handles in certain situations before i will take it to the track.
I never worried about the power of the n/a SR20 (well on the Autobahn i would prefer to have a 6th gear) but maybe it will change as soon as im driving with it on the Nurburgring Northloop. :D
we went on the ring last week and it was awesome!
would be nice to organise S15 meet on the Nordschleife for few days.
and I totally agree with spoonman about hp. its addictive!

Reaction score
Country
Im totally in if theres going to be a S15 meeting at the Nordschleife in the future. :nod:

Reaction score
Country
@spoonman
Did you raced before on the Nurburgring?
I've never been to a race track before (driving), so im a totally newb when it comes to driving on a track.
year but not in a S15, if this S15OC organises a meet at the nurburgring I would like to say that that you all suck as there is no way Ill ever be able to get my S15 all the way to Germany without selling my house

Reaction score
Country
Hi Andreas,

welcome! You are Andrew from the sxce.org, right?

Gruß Tim

Reaction score
Country
year but not in a S15, if this S15OC organises a meet at the nurburgring I would like to say that that you all suck as there is no way Ill ever be able to get my S15 all the way to Germany without selling my house
okay well - at least european members :nod: or anyone who is capable of...
Im totally IN.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
@ spoonman
Haha, just recognized your from NZ always assumed your from GB as i was never paying attention to what your location says. :D

@ Wayne
Hey Wayne,
yes I am Andrew at sxce.org. :)
As it looks like your Wayne from over there.
I saw your build thread before but never came to the point to reply on it.